Last updated on August 12th, 2022 at 02:09 pm
Easy instant pot meals have been all the rage over the past few years, and if you still haven’t jumped on the bandwagon, maybe it’s time!
Nobody likes their kitchen full of disorganized clutter. It makes it really difficult to clean, prepare food, and enjoy cooking. Appliances like steamers, pressure cookers, sterilizing units, slow cookers, and yogurt makers not only cost a lot of money, but tend to take up a lot of space in your kitchen. An instant pot is the perfect solution to replace all these devices. This multifunctional cooking appliance lets you do all these things, and doesn’t use a lot of energy either.
Due to their popularity, there are lots of different instant pot models on the market these days. Prices tend to vary, so you can easily purchase one without breaking the bank.
There are lots of healthy and tasty recipes online, including these 1001 Instant Pot recipes from Corrie Cooks.
Why you’ll love easy instant pot meals
Not all of us have time to cook homemade meals
Getting the kids ready for school, cleaning the house, getting homework done, exercising, it seems there are not enough hours in a day. Preparing delicious healthy, home-cooked meals using traditional cooking appliances can prove time-consuming and difficult.
The instant pot, however, helps you to cook great tasting healthy food for the family with minimal effort. Instant pot meals from start to finish take much less time in comparison to traditional cooking methods. All you need to do is put the ingredients into the pot, set the timer, and magic, it’s all done. You don’t have to worry about the meal going cold either, as there is a built-in warmer to keepsyour instant pot meals hot.
Take for example, a lamb stew. In the past, to make a good tasting, tender lamb stew you would expect it to take around seven hours to cook properly. When using an instant pot, you can expect the meal to be ready to eat in around 40 minutes.
An Instant Pot can save you money
It seems like very few kitchen appliances can help you save money, but here are a few examples of how an instant pot can help you financially:
- Electricity: You can cut the cost of your electricity bills by using an instant pot. Because it takes a lot less time to cook meals, the unit doesn’t require much energy. In fact, the instant pot is one of the greenest kitchen appliances on the market.
- You might order less take out food: Instead of spending money on pizzas and Chinese food, you might spend less money when using your instant pot.
- Save money on your grocery bills: Cooking with an instant pot allows you to cook cheap cuts of meat and make them taste great. Bottom round roasts and shoulder roast all come out of the instant pot tasting delicious. You won’t be waiting all day for them to cook, with most of these items taking less than one hour. You also don’t need to marinate them.
An instant pot could be the perfect investment to help you save money, especially in the long run.
They’re safe and easy to clean
The instant pot has plenty of onboard safety features that help reduce the risk of an accident. There is a range of different sensors on the device that helps to regulate the pressure and temperature that build up inside the device.
As long as you read and follow the guidelines in the owner’s manual, you should have no problems. Just like any kitchen appliance, you should not allow children or anyone who doesn’t know how to handle it properly to use it. Be sure you know how to safely release the pressure built up in the device.
Instant pots require very little effort to keep clean. The inner part of the device is stainless steel which makes it simple to maintain, which is one of the other reasons why instant pots are so popular.
Instant Pots can help you to reduce waste
There is a scary statistic that shows that over 30 percent of food is sent to a landfill. The Food Aid Foundation reports that one in seven people don’t have enough food on a daily basis. Not only will using an instant pot help you reduce the amount of waste, but it is also a great lesson to teach children. It might help them understand the importance of why it is vital not to waste food, and how there are children around the world who are hungry.
In 2020, statistics showed that just under two million people died because of the spread of Covid-19, so it’s incredible to think that nine million people die annually from hunger-related diseases.
Here are three ways making instant pot meals can help you reduce waste:
- Meal preparation: Meal prepping is a vital part of reducing waste. Batch cooking is a great idea to help you prep for meals as it will make your life a lot easier when you need to put dinner together quickly, but it is also a fantastic way of avoiding waste.
- Veggies won’t go to waste: Instead of throwing away old veggie scraps, why not put them into a bag and place them in the freezer. Instant pots allow you to easily make a broth when you have enough veggie scraps.
- Leftovers: Instead of snacking on items that or high in calories, why not keep your leftovers for snacks. The next time you are in a rush, instead of eating a chocolate bar, you can snack on some of the healthy leftovers from your instant pot.
Instant pots can help you cut down on your food waste on a daily basis. You might be pleasantly surprised how much food you and your family are no longer wasting each week.4 Reasons Busy Families Love Instant Pot Meals | #cooking Click To Tweet
Will an instant pot benefit you?
Instant pots are a great way to make quick delicious meals fast, but does everyone really need to purchase one? Here are a few reasons you might or might not want to spend your hard-earned money on a new kitchen appliance:
Reasons why you should purchase an instant pot:
- Time isn’t always on your side and you find it difficult to cook homemade meals
- Your kitchen is too small to purchase other equipment like a rice cooker or a slow cooker so you just want one device to do all the same tasks
- You don’t like cooking
- You don’t want to spend too much time cleaning
- You are new to cooking
Here are a few reasons that you might not benefit if you purchase an instant pot:
- You enjoy cooking using traditional appliances
- You have plenty of time on your hands
- Prepping is part of the passion for cooking
- You feel that the recipes you have been using in the past need different appliances and that an instant pot won’t make it any taste better
If you are very passionate about cooking, an instant pot may reduce the amount of fun you have as it tends to do much of the hard work for you.
There are so many reasons moms (and everyone else) turn to easy instant pot meals! Instant pots even have a huge following on social media with almost three million followers on Facebook alone. This is just one of many online communities where members share tips and advice on recipes, cleaning, and recommendations on what type of instant pot you should buy.
These communities are a great way to make new friends and find some delicious recipes at the same time.