This Instant Pot pulled BBQ chicken makes the perfect sandwich. We like it with pickles and onions, or try topping it with coleslaw–Carolina-style!
Jump to Recipe
You can make these yummy Instant Pot barbeque chicken sliders in about 30 minutes, so they’re great for busy weeknights. They also make the perfect game day food, or take them to your next potluck or picnic.
Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Chicken
Start by pressure cooking the chicken breast.
Shred the chicken, and add the BBQ sauce. Then sauté for one minute. (Scroll down the page to see a couple of tips for shredding chicken easily.)
Slice rolls in half, and place bottom halves in a 9 x 9-inch baking pan.
Spread the shredded BBQ chicken across the rolls, and top with the sliced onions and pickles.
Enjoy your Instant Pot pulled BBQ chicken sliders!
How to Shred Cooked Chicken
You can shred your cooked chicken by pulling it apart with two forks, but if you’d like to make the job easier, here’s a simple hack. Use an electric hand mixer. The chicken should be extremely tender after coming out of the Instant Pot, so just a little bit of “mixing,” and it’ll be ready to go. If you don’t have a hand mixer, you can use a stand mixer, like a KitchenAid. Just use the paddle attachment to shred the chicken. Don’t overdo it though. The chicken will be tender, so shredding it takes almost no time.
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sliders
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 cup of BBQ sauce
- 1/2 purple onion thinly sliced
- 9-11 kosher pickle chips
- 9 dinner rolls
- Place chicken breast in the instant pot on a trivet, and add a cup of water. Close the lid, and seal the pressure valve. Pressure cook on high for eight minutes.
- Manually release the pressure once finished cooking. Remove the chicken from the instant pot, and pour out the water. Shred the chicken, return to instant pot, and set to sauté. Add the BBQ sauce, and sauté for one minute.
- Half the rolls with a knife, and place bottoms of rolls in a 9 x 9-inch baking pan. Spread shredded BBQ chicken across the rolls, top with sliced onions and pickles. Then top with the other half of the bun.
- Broil sliders on high for 90 seconds (or less depending on your oven. Keep a close on to prevent burning.).
- Remove and serve.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below!