Last updated on September 7th, 2020 at 10:45 pm
The Cheesecake Factory is known for its huge menu, making it tough to decide what to order, especially since so many of the recipes are amazing! One of the best dishes is the Chicken Bellagio. You’ll love how creamy and how vibrant it is. It’s not too much of a stretch to call this the perfect dish, so it’s my pleasure to present this very similar Chicken Bellagio recipe Inspired by the Cheesecake Factory. Now everyone can enjoy it without having to leave home.Jump to Recipe
Chicken Bellagio — Inspired by the Cheesecake Factory — You’ll love this crispy chicken dish served on a pile of buttered noodles, topped with a creamy parmesan sauce, an arugula salad, and prosciutto. It’s a hearty plate of comfort food that is full of flavor!
Restaurant Quality at Home
This recipe pulls out all the stops. However, it’s not a lot of trouble to make. It’s surprisingly easy to create this gorgeous-looking dish with the basil oil and that fantastic parmesan cream sauce. Once you have it down, it may become one of your go-to favorites, and it saves so much money versus going out to the restaurant every time you get a craving for that delicious Cheesecake Factory taste. Everything on the ingredient list is very affordable compared to dining out. Plus, this one recipe serves four, and you already have many of the ingredients on hand.
A Note About the Sauce
Cream Sauce is incredibly easy to make from scratch. It’s the secret to the whole dish. When you get to step six, make sure you work the heavy cream and the butter well to avoid burning the sauce. And, when adding garlic and pepper, taste the sauce to make sure it is seasoned to your liking.
Assemble this gorgeous dish, and you’re ready to eat!
Chicken Bellagio — Inspired by the Cheesecake Factory
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- ½ c all-purpose flour
- 1 egg room temperature
- ¼ c milk
- ¾-1 c Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 1 tsp pepper divided
- 32 oz spaghetti pasta
- 1 c parmesan/romano cheese blend
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ c parmesan/romano cheese blend
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves packed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp parmesan/romano cheese blend
- ½ c chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
Parmesan Cream Sauce:
- 1 c heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 ¼ c shredded parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta to the pot, and cook until al dente, approximately eight minutes.
- Using kitchen shears, trim all fat from the chicken breasts. Place them one by one into a quart or gallon sized ziplock baggie, and use a meat mallet to flatten the chicken to approximately ¼ inch thickness. Cut in half so that you have four pieces of chicken total.
Whisk the egg and ¼ c milk together to create an egg wash. Place in a large wide bowl. (A small glass baking dish could also be substituted.) Add the all-purpose flour to a second wide bowl, and mix ½ tsp salt and pepper into the flour. Place the seasoned bread crumbs in a third bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat two tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat. Season the chicken breasts evenly with ½ tsp salt and pepper. Dip each chicken breast into the flour, making sure to cover both sides. Shake off any excess flour, and then dip into the egg wash, and then coat the chicken with the seasoned breadcrumbs on both sides. You may need to lightly press the breadcrumbs onto the chicken to ensure you get a nice even coating.
- Carefully place each piece of chicken in the hot oiled skillet, and cook approximately three to four minutes on each side, or until lightly golden brown and fully cooked.
- While the chicken and pasta are cooking, prepare the parmesan cream sauce. Begin by adding the four tbsp of butter and heavy whipping cream to a large skillet pan. Simmer over low heat for two to three minutes, stirring continuously to keep the cream from scorching. Add the minced garlic and pepper, and mix well. Add in the parmesan cheese, and heat until fully melted. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Prepare the basil oil by adding the fresh basil leaves to a food processor. Pour the two tbsp olive oil and parmesan/romano cheese blend over the basil leaves and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour the basil mixture into a large skillet pan. Add the two tbsp of butter, and ½ cup of chicken broth to the pan. Cook over medium heat until heated through, and butter has fully melted. Drain the spaghetti pasta, and add to the pan. Add the one cup parmesan/romano cheese blend, and mix well until all ingredients are incorporated. Turn off the burner.
- In a large bowl add the arugula, two tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, and lemon juice. Mix well to incorporate all ingredients. Sprinkle with ¼ c parmesan/romano blend cheese, and again mix well.
- To serve, place approximately ¼ of the pasta into a bowl. Top with parmesan cream sauce. Place one piece of chicken on top of the pasta. Drizzle more parmesan cream sauce over the chicken. Lay one slice of prosciutto on top of the chicken. Place approximately ½ cup of the arugula on top of the prosciutto, and serve immediately.
How to Store Leftovers
It wouldn’t be the Cheesecake Factory if there weren’t leftovers. Keep the components of this Chicken Bellagio recipe separate, adding the sauce and plating the rest of the dish just before serving. That way, you can recreate the dish a second time if you have leftovers–just something to keep in mind as you serve dinner so that none of the food goes to waste. By the way, this recipe does go well with cheesecake if you have any room left. Enjoy!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below!