Whether you serve them as an appetizer, snack, or as the star of the meal, these air fryer spicy chicken tenders are going to be a hit with your family and friends!
No more bland chicken–these spicy chicken tenders are crispy, flavorful, and perfect for any occasion. Plus, with this easy air fryer recipe, we’re making them healthier and even tastier.
With our favorite handy kitchen gadget, you can make delicious chicken tenders without all the added oil of deep frying. And best of all, you can customize the spice level to your liking.
Keep reading for this simple, yet oh-so-tasty, chicken tenders recipe that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Air Fryer Spicy Chicken Tenders
Here’s everything you need to make this simple recipe, along with your air fryer, of course. You can also make these chicken tenders in your Ninja Foodi.
To get started, cut your chicken breasts into strips.
Next, mix together the egg, milk, and your favorite hot sauce. Then, in a separate bowl, mix the flour and spices.
Dip each chicken breast strip into the wet mixture and then into the flour mixture until well coated.
Place battered strips into the air fryer basket, and cook according to the recipe instructions below.
Air Fryer Spicy Chicken Tenders Recipe Notes:
- For crispier chicken tenders, give your chicken strips two coats of the flour mixture. You might have to use more of the the egg and milk mixture to get the flour mixture to stick.
- The cooking time will vary with individual air fryers and the size and thickness of the chicken strips.
- You might like to make these into buffalo chicken strips too. Just add your favorite buffalo sauce after cooking.
- Try these air fryer crispy chicken strips with this simple-to-make chipotle aioli sauce.
Air Fryer Spicy Chicken Tenders
- 1 chicken breast cut into strips or you can use chicken tenders – if so, skip step 1 of instructions
- 1 cups of flour
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup of milk
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce adjust according to your taste if you'd like
Cut chicken breasts into strips.
Whisk eggs and mix the milk and hot sauce together in in a medium-sized bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the flour and spices together.
Dip one chicken strip into the egg mixture, and then coat it in the flour mixture. Repeat for all strips.
Place battered strips in the air fryer basket (lined with parchment paper), and spray generously with oil.
Cook at 380 degrees for 10 minutes. Flip chicken tenders, spray with oil, and cook at 380 for 8 more minutes.
For crispier chicken tenders, give your chicken strips two coats of the flour mixture. You might have to use more of the the egg and milk mixture to get the flour mixture to stick.
You might like to make these into buffalo chicken strips too. Just add buffalo sauce after cooking.
This recipe for spicy chicken tenders may just become a new family favorite. Let us know how you like them. Leave us a comment!
Easy Vegan Chipotle Aioli
Air Fryer Hush Puppies Recipe (+ Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Options)
Air Fryer Biscuits from Scratch (Easy & Delicious Recipe with Buttermilk)
You can find MomsWhoSave on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter. Join us for updates!
I need to try this spicy chicken tenders recipe. I love spicy food!