Last updated on April 13th, 2023 at 02:21 am
One of the things that brings out my inner foodie is fusion. And, it seems like Mexican food is among the best for incorporating into other types of cuisine. It’s also one of the most popular foods in the world along with Italian. Since the two countries have such incredible food, it only makes sense that they should be put together. It’s that thought that inspired these pizza burritos.
You can make this recipe with corn tortillas if you’re looking to make it gluten-free. If that’s not a consideration, flour tortillas are best for making these baked pizza burritos.
My favorite thing about this dish is the melted Monterey Jack cheese. The filling can be beef or any other filler you like, from chicken to beans or a meat substitute.
You can also use more pizza inspiration to include “toppings” on the inside of the burrito. The best toppings ideas for this recipe are bell peppers, olives, and sauteed onions. Chopped mushrooms and raw, diced onions are a great addition too.
The Best Salsa
Ideally, you want to use red salsa and avoid chunky varieties if you can. The thicker and saucier the salsa is, the better it conveys the texture and mouthfeel of a slice of pizza. Spice is also a factor, but you should pick your spice level to taste.
Pizza Burritos Recipe Tips and Tricks
- You can fill the tortillas with anything you want: beef, chicken, more cheese, tofu, meat substitute, or beans.
- You can also add more ingredients to be used as toppings: pepperoni, more cheese, pineapple, white sauce, black olives, or bacon.
- Use corn tortillas to make this dish gluten-free.
Let us know how you like this recipe. Leave a comment.
Pizza Burritos Recipe
- 3 Cups ground beef
- ½ Cup hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp adobo
- Salt and Pepper
- Monterrey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a pan, add the ground beef, hot sauce, adobo, salt, pepper, and cheese to taste. Cook over medium heat until ground beef is browned.
- Fill the tortillas with ⅓ cup ground beef mixture, and wrap it like a burrito.
- Top the tortillas with salsa and cheese to taste.
- Place all the burritos in a baking pan, and bake for 15 minutes or until the tortillas get crispy and the cheese melts.
- Serve and enjoy.