Last updated on November 27th, 2023 at 12:18 pm
We all know that Oreo cookies are amazing! But one thing people don’t know is that Oreos can be used to make some delicious desserts, including these Oreo Penguin Cookies! These little guys are so cute, and they taste just as good as they look. In this post, you will learn how to make Oreo penguin cookies, just like the cute little penguins you see here.
This Oreo Penguin Cookies Recipe is a new twist on the classic cookie. The Oreos are dipped in melted chocolate and then decorated with white chocolate melts and candy to make them look like real-life penguins! These cookies would be perfect for any holiday party, birthday celebration, or just because you want some cute treats to share around your office. They’re easy enough that even little ones can create their own little penguins – it’s time to get cooking!
What Is An Oreo Penguin Cookie?
Oreo Penguin Cookies are Oreos covered in chocolate. They’re really that easy to make! There is no other secret ingredient – just Oreos, melted chocolate, and some cute little decorations to create your penguin.
Why You’ll Love These Penguin Cookies
Oreos are great, chocolate is great – why not combine the two? The Oreo Penguin Cookies have a delicious Oreo taste, and they’re adorable–almost too cute to eat!
Equipment You’ll Need To Make Penguin Cookies
Articles may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases (at no cost to you).
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper
Ingredients For Your Oreo Penguin Cookies
How To Make Oreo Penguin Cookies
This recipe starts with melted chocolate.
Next, you’ll dip your Oreos one at a time into the chocolate, completely submerging to coat both sides. Put the chocolate-covered Oreos on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Next, add one white chocolate melt to the lower half of the Oreo for the penguin’s belly. Then, add to candy eyes and a mini M&M for a beak. The Rainbow Straws and regular-size M&Ms will make the earmuffs.
Now you have an Oreo penguin! Repeat the process until you have as many little cookie penguins as you’d like.
Finally, chill your little penguins in the refrigerator to set.
What To Serve with Your Penguin Cookies?
These penguins cookies would be perfect to serve as part of a dessert bar for any winter occasion–think Christmas, New Year’s Eve, a winter birthday party, or any get-together that takes place in the winter.
Other things to include in your dessert bar–
- Oreo cake
- Ice cream sundae bar
- Ice cream cake
- Cupcakes (including decorate your own–try this idea, but with a winter theme)
- Popcorn and candy
How To Store Oreo Penguin Cookies?
Store Oreos in a closed air-tight container to keep them fresh.
How Long Will Oreo Penguin Cookies Last?
Oreos will last up to one month if stored properly.
Can Oreo Penguin Cookies Be Frozen?
Yes. Oreo Penguin Cookies can be frozen for up to two months if stored properly in a freezer-safe container or baggie.
Oreo Penguin Cookies Recipe
- Chocolate Chips
- White Chocolate Melts
- Mini M&Ms
- Candy Eyes
- Sour Punch Rainbow Straws
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips in a bowl according to package directions.
- Dip an Oreo into the chocolate, completely submerging to coat both sides. Use a fork to lift the cookie out of the melted chocolate, and tap the fork on the side of the bowl to allow any excess chocolate to drip off. Place the chocolate-coated Oreo on the prepared baking sheet.
- Add one white chocolate melt to the lower half of the Oreo for the penguin’s belly.
- Press two candy eyes and an orange Mini M&M in the center for the beak.
- Take one Sour Punch Rainbow Straw, and cut it into about 2-2 ½-inch pieces. Next, slice it lengthwise in half. Wrap one half of the straw around the top of the penguin Oreo to create the strap for the earmuffs.
- Add two regular sized M&Ms that match the color of the Sour Patch Rainbow Straw to the sides of the Oreo to complete the ear muffs.
- Repeat this process to create as many Penguin Oreos as desired.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge for 15 minutes to allow the chocolate to firm up.
Are you looking for other cute Oreo cookie recipes to do with the kids? Try these other decorated Oreo cookie recipes
These Easy Ornament Cookies are the perfect quick and easy Christmas cookie for Santa, or to gift bring to your next holiday party! The ingredients include white chocolate-covered Oreos.
Quick and easy snowman cookies recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Dipped in white chocolate for a festive appearance!
This is the best way to enjoy a sugar high during wintertime! Mmm, Melting snowman Oreo cookies will keep you feeling warm on those chilly mornings.
These chocolate-dipped Oreo snowflakes are adorable and easy treats the whole family can help make! They only take two ingredients to make.
If you are looking for an easy way to make sure your guests stay energized throughout their day, look no further. These holiday-dipped Oreos will be the hit of any gathering!
These Christmas Oreo Ornaments are made with white chocolate and decorated in your favorite festive flavors like mini peanut butter cups, M&M’s, and sprinkles.