Last updated on December 2nd, 2020 at 04:25 pm
Parents, here’s a fun craft you can do with your little ones. These reindeer treat bags are simple to make and fun to give to neighbors or your child’s classmates. I like using these small treats and Christmas crafts to top off small gifts too.
Tulle (Use rectangle tulle from a roll or tulle pre-cut circles)
Red and Tan (or brown) Pipe Cleaners
M&M’s in Red and Green (or your favorite mix of candies in holiday colors)
Red Pom Poms
Small clear hair elastics or rubber bands
Optional: Clear treat bags or sandwich bags
1. Place candies in treat bags. Cut tulle to 16” and wrap under and back up the treat bag. (You may use pre-cut tulle circles instead.) Secure the bag and close tulle with a clear hair elastic or rubberband. Cut off the excess.
2. To form the reindeer head, fold a tan pipe cleaner in half. Twist 1 ½ inches from the top point (see photo) to create a loop.
3. To form the antlers, wrap the excess of the two ends around a pencil.
4. To create the neck, take another tan pipe cleaner and cut it in half. Wrap one of the pieces over the section where the head and antlers meet and then twist to secure it. Continue to twist the
remainder of that piece together the rest of the way.
5. Place a large dab of glue in the center of the top of head right beneath where the antlers meet. Add two googly eyes.
6. Place another dab of glue at the bottom tip of the reindeer head, and add a red pom pom for the nose.
7. Press the neck through the top of the tulle/treat bag. Adjust antlers and head if necessary.
8. To form the legs and hooves, cut a tan pipe cleaner in half. Fold the end 1 ½ inches from the bottom and twist up onto the pipe cleaner to create a small triangle. Bend the triangle up to complete the hooves.
9. Lastly, cut four inches of red pipe cleaner for the collar. Simply thread on three silver bells and secure it on the reindeer neck by twisting the back to create a circle. (See photo below.)
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below!