Last updated on September 19th, 2019 at 02:15 am
I love potatoes–baked, mashed, french fries, and potato skins, but this appetizer is one of my absolute favorite ways to enjoy potatoes. Make these for a party, and they will be snapped up in no time! They’re also a perfect as a side dish, and I even like them for a light meal.
You can make these loaded baked potato cups vegetarian by just skipping the bacon. And, check out the bottom of this post for some delicious twists on this recipe using avocado and salsa.
20 baby red potatoes
1 Cup Mozzarella cheese
1/2 Cup cheddar cheese
1/4 Cup cream cheese
1/4 Cup crumbled bacon (leave this out if you want to make this vegetarian)
1/4 Tsp salt
1/2 Tsp pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
2 Tsp garlic powder
1 Tsp onion powder
1/4 Cup olive oil
1/4 Cup green onion, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking pan, and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cheddar cheese with the cream cheese, the mozzarella, the bacon, and half the garlic powder. Mix well, and set aside.
- Cut the baby potatoes in half, and using a melon baller, scoop out a little bit of the inside of the potatoes.
- Place potatoes on the prepared baking pan, and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, paprika, the remaining garlic powder, and the onion powder.
- Fill potatoes with the cheese and bacon mix, and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
- Remove, and garnish with the green onion.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Avocado lovers, you can swap the cheese filling with guacamole to fill the potatoes!
Add a little fresh salsa (my favorite homemade recipe) just before serving.