Last updated on November 30th, 2022 at 10:57 pm
Looking for a delicious appetizer for game night, a party or potluck, or just to snack on? Here’s one of our favorites–loaded baked potato cups.
I love potatoes–baked, mashed, hash browns, and potato skins, but this savory appetizer is one of my absolute favorite ways to enjoy potatoes. Make these for a party, and they’ll be snapped up in no time! They’re also a perfect as a side dish, and I even like them for a light meal.
You can make these loaded baked potato cups vegetarian by just skipping the bacon.
And, feel free to experiment with the filling. We have a couple of ideas for you.
Loaded Baked Potato Cups Recipe Variations
- Avocado lovers, you can swap the cheese filling with guacamole to fill the potatoes!
- Add a little fresh salsa (try my favorite homemade recipe) just before serving.
Loaded Baked Potato Cups
- 20 baby red potatoes
- 1 Cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 Cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 Cup cream cheese
- 1/4 Cup crumbled bacon leave this out if you want to make this vegetarian
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/4 Cup green onion chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking pan, and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cheddar cheese with the cream cheese, the mozzarella, the bacon, and half the garlic powder. Mix well, and set aside.
- Cut the baby potatoes in half, and using a melon baller, scoop out a little bit of the inside of the potatoes.
- Place potatoes on the prepared baking pan, and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, paprika, the remaining garlic powder, and the onion powder.
- Fill potatoes with the cheese and bacon mix, and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
- Remove, and garnish with the green onion.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Add a little fresh salsa just before serving.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts.