Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 12:26 am
Here’s a can’t miss recipe for bacon jalapeno popper cups. Chock-full of flavorful ingredients, everyone will love this tasty appetizer!
I love using won-ton wrappers as little cups for appetizers. They make the perfect crispy shells to turn just about anything into a yummy appetizer–think taco filling, seafood, and even lasagna or pizza ingredients.
Today, we’re sharing a recipe for bacon jalapeno popper cups. Here’s everything you like in a jalapeno popper in an easy-to-eat shell–the perfect party food!
Take these delicious snacks to a potluck, serve them on game night, or make them anytime you want a smaller portion or an appetizer. They will definitely be a hit!
You can use egg roll or won-ton wrappers for this recipe.
The bacon jalapeno popper filling is so good, and the little cups make them easy to serve and eat.
Just fill cupcake/muffin tins, and bake. This is an easy recipe!
Bacon jalapeno popper cups recipe tips —
Substitute veggie bacon to make this recipe vegetarian-friendly.
Feel free to subsitute crumbled ham or sausage for the bacon.
Add chopped red peppers or chopped onion, if you’d like.
Can I make these jalapeno popper cups in advance?
Yes! Just prepare the filling according to the recipe below. Refrigerate it until you’re ready to use it.
Pre-bake the wonton shells, and store them in an airtight container.
When you’re ready to bake them, spoon the filling into the pre-baked cups. Then, bake according to the recipe instructions below.
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Cups Recipe
- 1 package of bacon cooked and diced
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 4 jalapenos diced (can remove seeds to make them milder)
- egg roll wrappers can substitue won-ton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make sure to cook your bacon until crispy, and then dice it up and set aside.
- For the jalapeno peppers, I halve them, pull out the seeds, and rinse well to reduce their heat. Then dice, and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the sour cream, cream cheese, and half of the bacon, half the jalapenos, and half the cheese.
- Cut your egg roll wrappers into four pieces, and place in a cupcake pan as you see in the photo. Bake for eight minutes. Then let cool for a minute or so.
- Add a dollop of the filling mixture to each egg roll cup. Top with a little of the jalapeno, cheese, and bacon as you see in the photo, and put back into the oven for eight more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s newsletter.