Last updated on February 9th, 2021 at 12:00 am
Have you made Rotel tomato and Velveeta dip? It’s good, but we’ve kicked it up a few notches, and I think this might be my new favorite dip recipe. This ground beef queso dip is hot, hearty, and full of flavor.
There’s beer in the recipe for that unique beer cheese flavor, and if you want to leave out the meat, or swap it for a meat substitute, this dip can serve non-meat eaters too. If you like your food spicy, add jalapenos, and adjust the amount of red pepper flakes to your taste.
This dip is perfect for game day get-togethers or anytime you want to serve a hearty snack.
Check out the recipe (at the bottom of the page) for more variations, and let me know how you like it!
Beef Queso Dip
- 1 pound browned ground beef
- 12 ounces of beer your choice
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar shredded
- 16 ounces Velveeta cut into small squares
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Brown ground beef, and drain.
- Add the bottle of beer to ground beef, and let it simmer for five to seven minutes, stirring often.
- Add in salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, beans, all three cheeses, cilantro, and rotel tomatoes. Stir frequently until it’s hot and cheese has melted.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings.
Use your favorite beer. We used Corona.
You can change the types of cheese to anything you want -- provolone, mozzarella, or others would work too.
You can swap black beans for kidney beans or tri-colored beans.
Top with tomatoes, jalapenos, avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, cilantro, salsa, or black olives.
The key to this recipe is to cook it low and slow. I use low to medium heat, and stir often. If you don't do this, it will burn very quickly.
Make it vegetarian, or use another meat of your choice. You can swap the ground beef for ground turkey, ground chicken, ground sausage, chicken, pulled pork, brisket, or skip the meat. You can also use a ground beef substitute. There are lots to choose from.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.