Last updated on February 6th, 2023 at 01:05 am
Come in from the cold and get cozy with this hearty and delicious Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip. It’s perfect to share at a family get-together, game night, or anytime you want a tasty snack. Serve it at your next potluck or holiday party–it’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser!
Even better, this recipe is ready in no time and is almost effortless with its simple ingredients. Whether you’re eating low-carb or not, this just might become your new favorite appetizer.
We’re making ours in a cast-iron skillet, but you can use a baking pan, if you’d prefer.
[Also read: Skillet Shepherd’s Pie With Sweet Potatoes]
Here’s everything you need to to make this amazing low-carb buffalo chicken dip. We like to use rotisserie chicken to make things super easy, but you can certainly cook your own chicken. Then you add cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheddar, and your favorite buffalo sauce. Easy peasy!
Next, just stir to combine everything, as you see here.
Transfer the dip mixture into a cast-iron skillet, using a spatula to evenly distribute the dip. Then bake, and top with green onions before serving, if desired.
Yum! Who’s ready to dive into this yummy buffalo chicken dip?
Skillet Buffalo Chicken Dip (keto-friendly)
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream may substitute with plain unsweetened Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- Optional: sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, wing sauce, and shredded chicken. Mix thoroughly to incorporate all ingredients.
- Transfer dip into a 9” cast iron skillet. Use a spatula to evenly distribute the dip, and smooth the surface.
- Place in the oven, and bake for 20 minutes. Broil the dip for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and garnish with sliced green onions if desired. Serve warm with veggie sticks, such as celery, or low carb tortilla chips.
Tips and Tricks for Storing and Reheating Skillet Buffalo Chicken Dip:
This skillet keto buffalo chicken dip is not only a favorite because of how quick and easy it is to make, but also how well it reheats and stores.
To store this dip, let it cool completely, and then transfer it into an air-tight Tupperware container.
When you want to reheat it, simply portion out the amount you want, and heat in the microwave for one to two minutes. We like to top our dip with extra shredded cheddar before reheating.
What To Serve With Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
If you’re on the hunt for low-carb dipping options, reach for sturdy vegetables like carrots, celery, broccoli, or cauliflower. You can also use low-carb tortillas for dipping.
If you’re serving people who aren’t on the keto diet or watching their carbs, reach for tortilla chips, French bread for dipping, or even pretzels. Pretty much anything goes with this mouth-watering buffalo chicken dip.