Last updated on February 9th, 2023 at 11:01 pm
Here’s a fun JELL-O™ sherbet ice cream recipe you can make with your kids. It has just four ingredients, and you can make your sherbet any flavor (and color) you choose.
I’m thinking this sherbet would be great for themed birthday parties, since you can match your ice cream to your character or party “colors.”
There are so many possibilities. Make red, white, and blue ice cream for your Independence Day get-together, or try the colors of your favorite team, for example.
Be sure to have the kids help with this recipe too. Even the little ones can help with stirring. And, big kids and little kids will love to see how their creation comes out of the freezer transformed into a yummy frozen treat!
Let me know how you like it!
Note: Look for the Junket Ice Cream Mix in the JELL-O™ section of your store, or you can find it here.)
Easy Homemade Sherbet Ice Cream
- Junket Ice Cream Mix
- 1 ¼ cups milk whole milk works best
- ¾ cups heavy whipping cream
- JELL-O™ flavors of your choice I used Berry Blue, Orange, Raspberry, and Lime
- In a mixing bowl, stir the Junket Ice Cream Mix with 1 1/4 cups of whole milk and 3/4 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- Mix until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into a bread loaf pan or small 9×5 pan, and freeze until it is firm.
- Using a butter knife carefully separate the cream into chunks, then put the chunks into a mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer beat the chunks until smooth.
- Evenly separate the vanilla ice cream into the four bowls using a spatula.
- Put ½ – 1 tablespoon of the different Jell-O powder flavors in each bowl, and gently mix with a spoon until fully combined. Try to do this as fast as possible to prevent melting.
- Put the four different ice cream flavors in a container that can be sealed.
- Using the back of a spoon or your spatula carefully connect the four different piles of ice cream so they freeze as one piece.
- Freeze for another one to two hours until the ice cream is fully set.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s newsletter.