Last updated on May 31st, 2023 at 09:48 pm
Homemade ice cream is a real treat, and today I’m sharing one of my favorite flavors. You’re going to love this homemade rocky road ice cream!
When I was a kid, my favorite ice cream flavor was rocky road. I’ve always loved chocolate, but the marshmallows and nuts really sealed the deal!
If you have an ice cream maker, here’s a recipe for rocky road so you can make your own.
Homemade ice cream is so much better than store-bought, and it’s the perfect warm-weather treat. Honestly though, I eat ice cream all-year-round! And, in a sugar cone, there’s nothing better!
I especially love this grown-up version of rocky road made with almonds and sea salt. I know you’ll love this nutty, chocolatey, marshmallowy treat too!
And, if you don’t have an ice cream maker, get one! It’s so much fun to make your own delicious ice cream at home with all of your favorite flavors.
Homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream
- ¾ Cup sugar
- ½ Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ Tsp fine sea salt
- 1½ Cups heavy cream
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp almond extract
- ½ Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ Cup sliced almonds
- 1 Cup miniature marshmallows
- In a saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cocoa, salt, milk, and the cream.
- Stir, and bring to boil over medium-high heat while stirring.
- Lower the heat, and simmer for two minutes.
- Remove it from heat, and add the chocolate chips, vanilla, and almond extract. Stir well until the chocolate is perfectly dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool for at least six hours.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream machine, and mix it according to the instructions.
- Once ready, add the marshmallows and almonds, and stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy.
Leave a comment to let me know how you like this homemade rocky road ice cream.
Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (No-Churn)
Easy JELLO Sherbet Ice Cream Recipe (Just 4 Ingredients)