Last updated on June 8th, 2020 at 08:38 pm
When I was a kid, my favorite ice cream flavor was rocky road. If you have an ice cream maker, here’s a recipe for rocky road so you can make your own. I love that this is kind of a grown-up version of rocky road with almonds and sea salt. I know you will love this nutty, chocolatey, marshmallowy treat!
Homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream
- ¾ Cup sugar
- ½ Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ Tsp fine sea salt
- 1½ Cups heavy cream
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp almond extract
- ½ Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ Cup sliced almonds
- 1 Cup miniature marshmallows
- In a saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cocoa, salt, milk, and the cream.
- Stir, and bring to boil over medium-high heat while stirring.
- Lower the heat, and simmer for two minutes.
- Remove it from heat, and add the chocolate chips, vanilla, and almond extract. Stir well until the chocolate is perfectly dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool for at least six hours.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream machine, and mix it according to the instructions.
- Once ready, add the marshmallows and almonds, and stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy.
You can put some marshmallows (instead of the cocoa powder) in the milk and the cream to create a marshmallowy flavor.