Last updated on December 5th, 2022 at 04:27 am
Ice cream lovers, here’s a tasty recipe for banana chocolate chip ice cream that’s so easy you’ll want to make it all summer long. There’s no churning and no ice cream maker needed.
Why make your own banana chocolate chip ice cream?
Well, if you take a look at store-bought ice cream, you might see a lot of ingredients you can’t even pronounce. Depending on the brand, you may see propylene glycol monoester, high fructose corn syrup, mono & diglycerides, guar gum, cellulose gum, carrageenan, and artificial flavors. Our recipe certainly isn’t low-calorie, but it’s made with ingredients you’re very familiar with.
Making ice cream is also fun! Have the kids help, and they’ll love getting to indulge in their own delicious creation.
Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (No-Churn)
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas sliced
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick. Pour in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract, and fold in until smooth.
- Next, pour half the ice cream into a freezer safe container. Top with half of the chopped bananas and half of the mini chocolate chips. Repeat with another layer, and top with the remaining chocolate chips and bananas.
- Freeze for five to six hours or overnight. When it is time to serve, remove from the freezer and let sit at room temperature to soften for five to 10 minutes.
Enjoy your banana chocolate chip ice cream in a cone or cup!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.