Last updated on September 19th, 2019 at 10:44 pm
My family loves Italian food, but then again, who doesn’t? While we we’re crazy about our spaghetti and lasagna, it’s easy to get stuck in a rut, and not explore other other Italian recipes.
With the cool, rainy weather we’ve been having, I thought a hot, hearty meal in the slow cooker would be perfect. I found a recipe for these Tuscan-inspired pork ribs, and it wasn’t long before the house was filled with their delicious aroma!
I hope you’ll give them a try.
Tuscan-Inspired Pork Ribs
- 3 lb. country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 jar Bertolli Tomato and Basil Sauce
- 1/2 jar Bertolli Arrabbiata Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup red wine
1. Combine garlic, salt, pepper, basil, and oregano. Rub this mixture on the outside of the ribs.
2. Heat pan on stove top to medium/high, and add 1/4 cup of Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Sear ribs on all sides.
3. When ribs have been seared, place in slow cooker.
4. Use pan drippings to saute onion, celery, carrots, and 1/2 cup of red wine.
5. When onions are translucent, add the vegetable mixture to the ribs in the slow cooker.
6. Next, add the Bertolli sauces to the slow cooker.
*For a spicier sauce, use a full jar of Bertolli Arrabbiata Pasta Sauce.
*For a medium sauce, this recipe uses 1/2 a jar of each sauce — Bertolli Arrabbiata Pasta Sauce and Bertolli Tomato and Basil Sauce.
*For a milder sauce, use a full jar of Bertolli Tomato and Basil Sauce.
7. Cover the slow cooker.
8. Cook for approximately six hours on low or four hours on high.
9. Meat should fall off the bone when done.
10. Serve with your favorite sides and a glass of wine if you’d like! I love the extra Bertolli sauce with some garlic bread.
I’d love to have you leave me a comment if you give this recipe a try. These rich, flavorful ribs were a big hit at our house!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bertolli®. The opinions and text are all mine.