Last updated on August 4th, 2023 at 09:49 pm
Here’s a moist, delicious zucchini bread recipe you can customize to your taste by adding nuts, chocolate chips, strawberries–whatever you like in a quick bread. This recipe is for Zucchini Bread With Walnuts and Raisins, but next time, I’m making it with strawberries!
Zucchini is abundant during the summer months, and this quick bread is a great way to use it up. This moist zucchini loaf has the perfect combination of spices too. The smell of cinnamon and nutmeg has me looking forward to fall.
Warm zucchini bread is perfect with a cup of coffee or tea for breakfast, and it makes a wonderful afternoon or late night snack.
If you’re a gardener and have a lot of zucchini, I suggest baking several loaves since they freeze so well.
Equipment Needed to Make Zucchini Bread With Walnuts and Raisins
Storing Zucchini Bread
Zucchini bread can be frozen for up to three months. After it is completely cooled, wrap it securely in aluminum foil, freezer wrap, or simply place it in a freezer bag. Thaw the bread overnight in the refrigerator before serving. Lightly warm the individual slices for best results.
If you don’t like raisins, you can leave them out of this recipe. You can also subsitute currants.
To make strawberry zucchini bread, use two cups chopped strawberries instead of the raisins. This can be made with or without the walnuts.
To make chocolate chip zucchini bread, use one cup semisweet chocolate chips instead of the raisins. This can be made with or without the walnuts.
Zucchini Bread With Walnuts and Raisins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour spooned into measuring cup and leveled-off
- 1-3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini you'll need two medium zucchinis; do not wring out the liquid
- 2 sticks 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts lightly toasted if desired
- 1/2 cup raisins (or currants) (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees, and set the rack to the middle position. Grease two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well using a whisk.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar. Add the grated zucchini, melted butter, and vanilla extract; Stir to combine using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients, and mix until just combined. Add the nuts, then divide the batter evenly into the prepared pans. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Set the pans on a wire rack and let cool for about 10 minutes, then turn the loaves out on the rack to cool down completely.
This is a loaf I made recently with extra walnuts on top.
What do you like in your zucchini bread?
Also read —
Strawberry Bread With Pecans