Last updated on October 27th, 2020 at 07:55 pm
Do you want to attract hummingbirds to your yard? The best way to do that is with a feeder made especially for them. We’ve found some beautiful choices from modern to blown glass to copper. There will definitely be one (or more) you’ll love.
Hummingbird Nectar Recipe
And, what do you put in your feeder? This recipe is closest to the wildflower nectar that hummingbirds enjoy. It’s one part white, granulated sugar to four parts water. Here are the easy instructions.
- Make sure the feeder is clean before adding the new solution.
- Bring one cup of water to a boil.
- Stir 1/4 cup of white granulated sugar into the one cup of hot water.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- After the sugar water cools, fill your hummingbird feeder.
- The remaining nectar can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Now you just need a pretty hummingbird feeder. These are some of our favorites.