Last updated on October 11th, 2021 at 01:58 pm
As soon as the excitement of the new school year wears off, my kids start thinking about Halloween. I’d say it’s always been their second favorite holiday, right after Christmas. There are so many Halloween activities for families to look forward to–from visiting a pumpkin patch, to decorating, to picking out costumes, and of course–trick-or-treating.
If you’re looking for ways to make the season memorable for your children, check out our Halloween bucket list for kids. We’ve come up with 18 fun and “Halloween-y” things to do this fall.
Which are your family’s favorite?
Halloween Bucket List
- Visit a pumpkin patch.
- Carve pumpkins. (Try these pumpkin carving stencils.)
- Plan and make your Halloween costume.
- Tell spooky stories.
- Read Halloween books. (Here are some of our favorite Halloween books for kids.)
- Stock up on Halloween candy.
- Make Halloween crafts. (How about these Scarecrow Goodie Bags?)
- Bake a pumpkin pie.
- Decorate the house.
- Have a bonfire.
- Do a Halloween photoshoot. (Check out these cool–and super inexpensive–Halloween photo props!)
- Take a walk at night to look at decorations.
- Watch scary Halloween movies. It’s a great time to try a free month of Hulu!
- Visit a haunted house.
- Bake Halloween cookies. (Try these easy Frankenstein’s Monster and Bride of Frankenstein cookies.)
- Visit a corn maze.
- Eat candy corn. (And, make this cute candy corn friend craft!)
- Trick or treat.
Click the page below to print your Halloween bucket list. Then check off each activity as you complete it. This will print full-size on letter-sized paper, or use your printer’s settings to fit it to your page.
And, don’t miss our other free printables.