Last updated on September 19th, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Want to make a super cute Halloween treat? Here’s one where a lot of the “work” is done for you, since we’re starting with cookies from the store.
Kids can definitely help with this one. Have fun!
Frankenstein’s Monster and Bride of Frankenstein Cookies
Ingredients & Supplies:
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- Green Candy Melts
- Dark Brown Candy Melts
- Candy Eyes
- Heart Sprinkles
- Black Pearl Candies
- White Decorating Gel
- Black Decorating Gel
- Parchment Paper
- Melt the green candy melts according to the package directions.
- While your green candy melts are getting ready, set up your space. Tear off a piece of parchment paper to cover your counter space. Parchment paper is really important because nothing will stick to it!
- Coat most of the front of the Nutter Butter cookie in the green candy melts. Set on the parchment paper to set.
- Melt the brown candy melts according to the package directions.
- Once melted, dip the uncoated side. This will become the hair. For Frankenstein, you will only need a bit of hair. For the Bride of Frankenstein, dip about a third of the Nutter Butter into the brown candy melts.
- Using the decorating gel, place a dot on the back of the candy eyes, and put into place.
- For Frankenstein, add a black pearl candy nose, and draw on a smile and scar with the black decorating gel.
- For the Bride of Frankenstein, use a heart sprinkle for her mouth. Using the white decorating gel, draw some squiggly lines through her hair.
- Let the cookies sit until hardened.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.