If you’re hosting a Halloween party or want to be the hit of your neighborhood trunk or treat, make these cute little scarecrow goodie bags. They’re the perfect kids’ arts and crafts activity and are so much fun for children to make at school (or homeschool).
Fill these treat bags with a few pieces of candy, and you have the ideal party favors for Halloween.
By the way, these goodie bags would be great to include if you ever have a Wizard of Oz-themed party!
Scarecrow Goodie Bags
List of Supplies:
1. Start by cutting two pieces of burlap to approximately 8” x 5.” Place one piece on top of the other, and use a hot glue gun to glue along the inside edge of the bottom piece, leaving one of the short sides unglued as an opening to the bag. Gently press the top piece down and hold to secure it to the bottom. You should now have a pouch.
2. Cut a triangle out of the felt sheet for the nose.
3. Hot glue the wiggley eyes in the center of the bag. Glue the felt triangle centered and underneath the eyes.
4. Next, take a few pieces of raffia, and knot them together in the middle. This should be approximately five inches in length after knotting — trim if needed.
5. Draw on a scarecrow mouth using the black fabric glue. Allow it to dry completely before stuffing the bags.
6. Once the bags are stuffed with treats, you can take a few pieces of raffia, and wrap them around the top of the bag, tying to keep the bag closed tightly.
7. Repeat this process until you have as many treat bags as you’d like.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below!