Last updated on April 13th, 2020 at 02:19 am
Chocolate and pretzels are two of my favorite things. Today, I have a recipe using pretzels, Sixlets candies, and vanilla candy melts to create these adorable butterflies. These are fun to make with the kids, and they’re the perfect way to celebrate spring and summer. Take these to any party or make them at home just for fun. No matter where you serve them, they’ll definitely be a hit!
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave. Heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between time, until melted.
- Cut the licorice into about ¼ inch pieces.
- Dip pretzel sticks into the chocolate until all coated except about ½ inch that your holding and lay on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Let these set and harden just about halfway, and then press on five colored Sixlets for the body and one white Sixlet for the head. Place two licorice pieces at the top of the pretzel behind the white head to look like antennas.
- Now dip the twist pretzels into the chocolate and fully coat them. Place two of these on each pretzel stick, one on each side making sure they are firmly against it.
- Let these set so the chocolate hardens, then gently pull off the parchment to serve.
- These are a fun summer treat for kids to make!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.
Disclosure: MomsWhoSave posts may contain affiliate links that help to support this site. See full disclosure policy here.