Last updated on May 8th, 2020 at 08:36 pm
BLUEBERRY GRAPEFRUIT SMOOTHIE
Here’s a recipe for a refreshing and good-for-you smoothie. You’ll love this blend of flavors, and the health benefits can’t be beat. Grapefruit is low in calories, but is packed with vitamins C and A, along with fiber and minerals. And blueberries are not only delicious, but are good for us in so many ways! They can reduce the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes, they’re good for your gut and brain, and are full of fiber!
This blueberry grapefuit smoothie makes a tasty breakfast or perfect pick-me-up after a workout or anytime. Enjoy!
Blueberry Grapefruit Smoothie
- 2 cups mixed spring greens washed
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- juice from ¼ of a grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- optional: ¼ to ½ cup water or a few ice cubes depending on how thick or thin you prefer your smoothie
- Add the greens to the bottom of the blender, and then top with the frozen blueberries, grapefruit juice, honey, and coconut oil.
- Blend on high until completely smooth. The coconut oil will leave tiny white flecks throughout the smoothie because it is so cold.
- Pour and enjoy!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below!