Last updated on May 15th, 2020 at 04:15 am
Here’s a delicious cake that’s perfect to make anytime. It has a wonderful combination of flavors, with the vanilla cake, chocolate frosting, and the oranges on top. I’m hungry just looking at the photos!
Be sure to read the recipe for a fun variation.
Vanilla Orange Cake
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cups sugar
- ¼ Cup butter
- ¾ Cups flour
- ¼ Cup milk
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
For the Frosting:
- ½ Cup butter
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- ¼ Cup cocoa powder
For the Topping:
- 2 Oranges sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, place all the ingredients, and mix well until no lumps are left in the batter.
- Grease a cake pan, and pour the vanilla batter into it.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until done.
- While baking, make the frosting: in a bowl add the butter, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder. Mix for three minutes or until light and airy.
- Take the cake out of the oven, and wait 10 minutes before removing it from the cake pan.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Decorate it with the frosting.
- Top it with the orange slices.
- Serve and enjoy.
Use beer instead of milk to make this a “Beer Cake.”
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below!