Last updated on September 19th, 2019 at 08:37 pm
Here’s a delicious cake that’s perfect to make anytime. It has a wonderful combination of flavors, with the vanilla cake, chocolate frosting, and the oranges on top. I’m hungry just looking at the photos!
Be sure to see the tip at the end of the post for another variation on this recipe.
½ Cups sugar
¼ Cup butter
¾ Cups flour
¼ Cup milk
1 Tsp baking powder
1 Tsp vanilla extract
For the Frosting:
½ Cup butter
2 Cups powdered sugar
¼ Cup cocoa powder
For the Topping:
2 Oranges, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, place all the ingredients, and mix well until no lumps are left in the batter.
- Grease a cake pan, and pour the vanilla batter into it.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until done.
- While baking, make the frosting: in a bowl add the butter, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder. Mix for three minutes or until light and airy.
- Take the cake out of the oven, and wait 10 minutes before removing it from the cake pan.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Decorate it with the frosting.
- Top it with the orange slices.
- Serve and enjoy.
Use beer instead of milk to make a “Beer Cake” for Father’s Day.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.