Last updated on December 3rd, 2022 at 09:05 pm
This beautiful homemade cake really makes an impression–and it tastes great too. We love it for special occasions or anytime we’re feeling like something fancy.
Articles may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases (at no cost to you).
Vanilla orange cake with chocolate frosting
Here’s a delicious cake that’s perfect to make anytime. It has a wonderful combination of flavors, with the vanilla cake, chocolate frosting, and the oranges on top. I’m hungry just looking at the photos!
This vanilla orange cake is a beautiful dessert for a special occasion or to bring to a picnic or party. Wouldn’t it be perfect on a pretty cake stand? It really makes an impression, and of course, it tastes wonderful.
By the way, I like to use this frosting on my other cakes too. With just three ingredients you always have on-hand, it whips up beautifully every time.
Be sure to read the recipe for a fun variation.
Vanilla Orange Cake
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cups sugar
- ¼ Cup butter
- ¾ Cups flour
- ¼ Cup milk
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
For the Frosting:
- ½ Cup butter
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- ¼ Cup cocoa powder
For the Topping:
- 2 Oranges sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, place all the ingredients, and mix well until no lumps are left in the batter.
- Grease a cake pan, and pour the vanilla batter into it.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until done.
- While baking, make the frosting: in a bowl add the butter, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder. Mix for three minutes or until light and airy.
- Take the cake out of the oven, and wait 10 minutes before removing it from the cake pan.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Decorate it with the frosting.
- Top it with the orange slices.
- Serve and enjoy.
Decadent Trifle Recipe with From-Scratch Sponge Cake and Fruit
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Pound Cake Recipe (So many ways to enjoy it!)
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below!