Last updated on November 18th, 2020 at 09:47 pm
Winter is almost here, and one of my favorite things about the holiday season is that it’s the perfect excuse to go a little overboard on the festive decor, and just as importantly, to keep treats around the house. I absolutely loved making gingerbread houses with my kids when they were little. When the holiday season rolls around, it’s time to bring out the snacks and sweets in decorative containers too. That’s what we have for you today. These snowman pretzel jars are the perfect craft to keep the kids busy on a chilly day. (Just make sure an adult is handling the hot glue gun.)
Snowman pretzel jars are white chocolate covered pretzels you can see through the transparent glass of the jar. With a few simple details added, you can suggest the body of a snowman, and create an adorable display that just happens to be edible. This is an easy and fun winter project you can do with your family, so make several of these to keep at home and to give the grandparents, neighbors, and friends.Snowman Pretzel Jars — An Easy Winter Craft | #kidscrafts #crafts #diy Click To Tweet
About This Craft
For this craft, I use two jars. This is just an example. Two does look better than one, you don’t want a lonely snowman. That’s cruel. But they’re certainly no limit to how many snowman pretzel jars you can make. They make adorable party favors, and you can leave little clusters of snowmen in different parts of your house. You can even create some variety with other snacks that can imply snow such as white cheddar popcorn, white m&ms, and any other kind of white chocolate or yogurt-covered snacks, like nuts or raisins. I prefer the sweet and salty mix of white chocolate pretzels and believe you can never have too many within arm’s reach wherever you are in the house. Here is my easy guide to crafting these adorable snowman pretzel jars.
- White Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- 2 Mason Jars (any size) or use empty glass jars you’ve washed, like pickle jars, spaghetti sauce jars, etc.
- Blue Felt
- Red Ric Rac or Ribbon
- Blue Pipe Cleaner
- 2 White Pom Poms
- 7 Buttons (any colors)
- 1-2 Cotton Balls
- Black Construction Paper
- Glue Gun
1. Glue three buttons on each jar.
2. Cut the red ric rac or ribbin and blue felt to go around the jar lids as scarves. Make sure to leave extra so the scarf can hang down. Glue each piece onto the sides of the jar lids.
3. Cut out one large circle out of the black paper to fit one of the lids, a rectangle to create the hat’s sides, and a smaller circle for the top of the hat. Glue the larger circle to the lid. Roll the rectangle into a cylinder, and glue together. Then glue that to the large circle. Lastly, glue the smaller circle on the top of the cylinder.
4. Glue some cotton on the hat to represent snow and a little button for decoration. On the other lid, glue a pipe cleaner to each side, then glue on the two white pom poms to represent earmuffs.
5. Fill the jars with the white chocolate covered pretzels. Then twist on the lids.
6. These are not only fun to make, but make nice little holiday treats for neighbors, family members, or for your children to give to their friends!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below!