Last updated on December 11th, 2022 at 01:54 am
Here’s a recipe for a DIY Candy Cane Sugar Scrub that you’re going to love. This homemade sugar scrub recipe uses candy canes–it’s so refreshing!
It’s a terrific exfoliant because it contains sugar, and yet it’s moisturizing because it contains coconut oil too. And, of course, the peppermint gives it that wonderful smell.
Articles may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases (at no cost to you).
Peppermint has amazing aromatherapy benefits. If you want to up the peppermint content, feel free to add some essential oil to this recipe–just a couple of drops at a time until you get the desired effect.
This is a great do-it-yourself gift for the holidays, and don’t forget to make some extra for yourself. You can make this invigorating scrub in just 15 minutes!
DIY Candy Cane Sugar Scrub Recipe
- 2 cups Pure Cane Sugar
- ½ cup Candy Canes (crushed)
- ¾ cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp. Red Sugar Sprinkles
- Combine 2 cups sugar and ½ cup coconut oil in a small mixing bowl.
- Break candy canes into small pieces by hand. Place a towel over candy cane pieces. Using a rolling pin, crush candy canes until they are very fine.
- Combine crushed candy canes and red sprinkles in a small mixing bowl. Add ¼ cup coconut oil to dry mixture. Stir well. Set aside.
- Store in sealed mason jar, layering candy cane scrub and sugar scrub for a candy cane effect.
Tip: Use organic ingredients.