This immunity booster shot is a powerhouse, packed with good-for-you ingredients like ginger, lemon, orange, apple cider vinegar, honey, and turmeric.
What a simple, yet effective, way to prioritize your health and well-being. You might want to make it a part of your regular routine, especially during cold and flu season.
The ingredients in our immunity booster shot have been shown to provide a variety of health benefits. But, before we go any further, we want to make it clear that this recipe isn’t a miracle cure for whatever ails you. However, there is research and logic behind the combination of spices and liquids in this recipe. So, let’s take a look at just what makes this immunity booster so good for you.
What’s in an Immunity Booster Shot?
Don’t be scared off when you read the ingredients. Yes, we are using cayenne pepper, but only a dash. We’re also using honey and orange juice, so you definitely get some sweetness too.
Each ingredient has a part to play, so let’s see what they do, and why they’re included in this immune booster juice.
- Honey: Most of us have heard of hot tea with lemon and honey for a sore throat. Honey is rich in antioxidants and, of course, adds sweetness.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is known to be a powerful anti-inflammatory.
- Lemon Juice: A good source of vitamin C, lemons can also support heart health, protect against anemia, and improve digestive health.
- Orange Juice: Most of us know that oranges are high in vitamin C, and this helps boost our immune systems, fights cancer-causing free radicals, and can even help lower levels of the stress hormone, cortisol. Oranges also fight inflammation. And, those of just some of the health benefits of eating oranges!
- Garlic: Research shows that garlic may have some major health benefits, like protection against the common cold and the ability to help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Ginger: Ginger is often used to help digestion and calm nausea, but it’s also been shown to ease the symptoms of arthritis and help ward off viruses.
- Cayenne peppers: High in a number of nutrients, including vitamin C and provitamin A, cayenne is packs a punch when it comes to boosting the immune system.
- Himalayan Pink Salt: We’re using just a dash or salt in this recipe, but if you’re restricting salt in your diet, you can feel free to leave it out.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is rich in antioxidants. Some research suggests that it may help manage blood sugar, protect against heart disease, and reduce inflammation.
- Black Pepper: Consuming black pepper has a number of health benefits, including: supporting the digestive system, boosting the immune system, and lowering the risk of chronic illnesses, including cardiovascular disease.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Some of the benefits of drinking apple cider vinegar may include lowering bad cholesterol and reducing blood sugar.
Immunity Booster Shot Recipe Tips:
- Opt for fresh ingredients, particularly when it comes to spices, to ensure you get the full spectrum of health benefits.
- Steer clear of bottled juices, since they are likely highly processed and often contain additives. Instead, opt for freshly squeezed orange and lemon juice to maximize your immunity booster’s nutritional value.
- Choose raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar over filtered varieties. Look for organic options that contain “the mother,” a mixture of proteins, enzymes, and beneficial bacteria, to reap its full health benefits.
- Allow the garlic to rest for a bit after cutting it. When you cut garlic cloves, enzymes are released, which then combine to form beneficial compounds like allicin. However, simply cutting the garlic isn’t enough to get the maximum benefits. These enzymes need oxygen to react and produce these compounds, and the longer you allow the cut garlic to sit and oxidize, the more potent these compounds become. Whether you’re making our immunity booster shot or your favorite Italian dinner, give your garlic some time to rest.
Can I Prepare This Recipe in Advance?
You can make this recipe before you’re ready to drink it, but the ingredients are at their peak potency when they’re fresh. For the best immune-boosting effects, it’s recommended to drink your immunity booster shot as soon as you’re finished preparing it.
If you do need to make it ahead of time, just follow the recipe instructions, and store the mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Then, be sure to drink your immunity shot within two days–within 24 hours is even better.
Will This Immunity Booster Shot Actually Work?
The ingredients in this immunity booster juice do have health benefits as we’ve outlined above, but, of course, we can’t promise any miracle cures.
If you’re the kind of person who is always looking for ways to stay healthy and ward off illness, this recipe is one you’ll want to try. And, there’s no certainly no harm in consuming any of the ingredients in this juice–unless you’re allergic or have a sensitivity to any of the ingredients.
That said, we want to remind you that the content on this site is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. It is important to always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Kids’ Immunity Booster Smoothie
If you want to make this immunity booster for your little ones, here’s how to change up the recipe to make it more palatable for children.
First, just omit the black pepper and cayenne from the ingredient list. Then, add all the other ingredients to a blender, along with a fresh banana, and you have a delicious and healthy smoothie!
- To increase the sweetness, add additional orange juice.
- If you need to, you can use fresh, not from concentrate juice in place of juicing fresh oranges.
Immunity Booster Shot
Here’s what you need to make this immunity booster.
The first step is to add the hot water to a glass or liquid measuring cup. Then, stir in the honey and turmeric.
Next, add in the remaining ingredients, and whisk until everything is incorporated.
You’ll want to drink your immunity booster shot right away for the highest potency.
Immunity Booster Shot Recipe
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Juice of ½ of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 navel orange
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 dash of himalayan pink salt
- 1 dash of ground cinnamon
- 1 dash of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Add the hot water to a glass or liquid measuring cup.
- Stir in the honey and turmeric.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, whisking until all ingredients are incorporated. Drink fresh or within 24 hours for best potency.
You can use fresh, not from concentrate juice in place of juicing fresh oranges.
For kids, you may omit the black pepper and cayenne. Add all ingredients to a blender with a fresh banana and serve as a smoothie.
Let us know how you’re incorporating this immune booster and other superfoods into your diet. We’d love your comments.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s newsletter.