Last updated on March 27th, 2023 at 06:59 pm
Is there anything better than homemade jam? Once you try this simple plum jam recipe, I know you’ll want to make it again and again!
I love plums, and this easy plum jam recipe is another delicious way to enjoy them. Try it on toast or bread, as an ice cream topping, or on pancakes or muffins. I know you’ll like it as much as I do!
There are only a few EASY steps to this amazing jam.
Just put some sugar and lemon juice in a bowl with your plums as shown above, and let it sit. Then cook, cool, and put into jars. Yum!
Looking for more jam recipes? Check out these ideas.
Homemade Plum Jam (Compote)
- 2 lbs of plums if you buy the large ones at Costco, it will be about 6 or 7 plums
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Make sure your plums are washed. Cut in half and remove pits. You may want to cut them in half once more.
- Put plums in a bowl, add the sugar, and juice of 1/2 a lemon. Mix well. Let it sit for about one hour. Check at 30 minutes, and mix once more.
- Pour the plum, sugar and juices that have collected in the bottom of the bowl in a large non-reactive pot*. Place over medium-high heat. Stir and bring to a slight boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and allow to simmer for about two hours. Stir every 15 minutes, to make sure not only the middle of your pot is cooking. It will become thick and turn into a beautiful dark color.
- Allow the jam (compote) to cool in the pot and put into clean containers. It lasts in the refrigerator for about three to four weeks.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s newsletter.