Last updated on November 15th, 2020 at 04:10 pm
Who doesn’t like a charcuterie board? I love that you can take just about any of your favorite snacks or appetizers, and then with a bit of creativity, arrange them into a appetizing display.
We are using the term “charcuterie board” a little loosely here, since it usually starts with cooked or cured meats, usually with cheeses and crackers and/or bread. The rest of the elements are all up to individual tastes. We do have bacon on our charcuterie board, but our real star is pancakes, rather than bread. We’ve added lots of tasty toppings too.
You can make charcuterie boards for any occasion, from a low-key Sunday breakfast buffet to a formal holiday party or event. Of course, you can customize them to your family’s or guests’ tastes too–think anything from a seafood charcuterie board to a keto charcuterie board or a cookie board. There’s probably no food group or dietary preference that you can’t make into a beautiful charcuterie board.
Today, I’m sharing instructions for this gorgeous breakfast buffet charcuterie board so you can recreate it for your next weekend brunch or holiday breakfast buffet. This pancake charcuterie board has everything you need for a delicious and satisfying meal.
Making a good charcuterie board isn’t difficult. For your breakfast charcuterie, just start with this basic “recipe,” and then add or subtract ingredients according to what pancake toppings you like best. You’ll want to adjust the amount of food you prepare too, depending on how many people you’re serving.
Feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of the post, and let me know if you make your own breakfast or brunch board.
DIY Breakfast Charcuterie Board
- Mini Eggo waffles
- 1 banana
- 5 strips of bacon
- hardboiled eggs
- Handful of chocolate chips
- Whipped cream
- 5 pats of butter
- Handful of blueberries
- Handful of strawberries sliced
- Orange slices
- Handful of mandarin oranges
- Find a board or dish that you plan to arrange all your food on. You will want the pancakes to be in the center in whatever shape you want and spread out so that you can fit everything else around them.
- Turn the egg(s) on to boil, and at the same time, clean your strawberries and blueberries. Cut strawberries and set aside.
- Cut your butter pats and orange slices, and put your syrup and whipped cream in dishes. Put these in the refrigerator until assembly.
- Cook your bacon (I prefer to bake it at 400 degrees F for 15-25 minutes depending on thickness. This way, it stays flat, and I can cook the pancakes at the same time).
- While your bacon is cooking, prepare your favorite pancake recipe, and cook your pancakes. Don’t forget about your hardboiled egg. When the pancakes are done, toast your mini Eggo waffles.
- Once everything is ready, assemble the board. There is no wrong way to do this.
- The last thing you want to add is the banana, so chop it up when you are almost ready to serve the board, and add some chocolate chips.
Adjust amounts based on the number of people you're serving.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below!