Last updated on December 16th, 2022 at 03:12 am
Sugary breakfasts like pancakes, waffles or French toast may satisfy a sweet tooth, but savory breakfast casseroles are the real morning hunger busters.
Eggs, cheese, meat, fresh veggies, and crusty breads meet and mingle for crowd-pleasing casseroles that can satisfy even the hungriest of appetites. These 25 mouthwatering breakfast casserole recipes are packed with layers of flavor and texture for loads of savory goodness in every bite.
1. Sassy Sausage and Hash Brown Breakfast Bake – Crispy hash browns, melted cheese, sausage, peppers and spices create the perfect dish for a family breakfast or brunch. You can make this one ahead of time!
2. Mexican Sausage Cornbread Strata – This midwestern-style dish made with cornbread and sausage is great for breakfast or “brinner.”
3. Cheesy Bacon Hash Brown Casserole – It’s the ultimate dish for a meat-and-potatoes guy!
4. Herbed Breakfast Stuffing Casserole – With crumbled bacon, lots of sausage and herb-seasoned stuffing, you can’t go wrong!
5. Overnight Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole – Spend 10 minutes putting this casserole together the night before, and have a hot, delicious breakfast the next morning without any work at all!
6. Egg Casserole With Bacon and Broccoli – This casserole made with eggs, cheese, bacon, and broccoli is low-carb/keto-friendly, but everyone will love it! Make it ahead to pop in the oven the next morning for a hot and hearty breakfast or brunch.
7. Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole – Tater tots, eggs, sausage, and cheese—who wouldn’t love it?
8. Hash Brown Tomato Breakfast Bake – Top hash brown patties with lots of spinach, browned sausage, loads of cheese and gorgeous red tomatoes for this colorful casserole.
9. Bacon and Egg Strata – Double up this recipe made with crusty croutons, bacon, cheese, and eggs to feed a large group.
10. Gluten-Free Breakfast Casserole – This hot, hearty dish will make anyone’s tummy smile, even if you’re not on a gluten-free or low-carb diet.
11. Mediterranean-Style Egg Casserole – With artichokes, tomatoes, shallots, and feta, this veggie-filled casserole packs loads of nutrients and flavor into every bite.
12. Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole – If you need a breakfast idea that’s easy, a Crockpot breakfast is the answer. With eggs, hash browns, eggs, and cheese, this one is a winner!
13. Low-Carb Mushroom, Green Pepper, and Feta Breakfast Casserole This low-carb, meat-free casserole gets its savory flavor from lots of fresh veggies, crumbled feta and Spike seasoning.
14. Overnight Fireman’s Breakfast Casserole A decadent casserole filled with eggs, sausage cheese and thyme is topped with creamy, dreamy mushroom sauce. Yum!
15. Baked Orzo with Bacon, Spinach, and Feta – Make it for breakfast or brunch, as a side dish or the main fare. It’s the pinch hitter of casseroles!
16. Broccoli Oatmeal Breakfast Casserole – Who says oatmeal has to be sweet? This dish combines broccoli, oats, eggs, and seasonings for a unique and savory take on oatmeal casserole.
17. Cheesy Breakfast Bake with Crispy Bacon, Spinach, Caramelized Onions, and Diced Potatoes – It’s everything you love about breakfast in one amazing dish.
18. Spinach, Mushroom, and Gruyere Strata – Comfort food for the calorie-conscious casserole lovers.
19. Mexican Breakfast Egg Casserole – This breakfast egg casserole is a cheesy Tex-Mex meal with layers like lasagna! Make this baked eggs recipe for an easy weekend brunch.
20. Sausage Breakfast Bagel Strata – Instead of bread, this super cheesy, super yummy dish uses bagels to create layers of savory flavor.
21. The Ultimate Overnight Breakfast Casserole – Feeding a crowd? This breakfast casserole is perfect for you! It is super easy, affordable and the BEST EVER!
22. Spicy Breakfast Strata with Chorizo, Red Pepper, and Cheddar – Try this spicy casserole for a little kick in your morning meal.
23. Vegan Breakfast Casserole (Gluten-Free, Allergy-Free) – A perfect savory brunch recipe for feeding a crowd and totally freezer-friendly!
24. Breakfast Enchiladas – Just layer all the ingredients if you don’t feel like rolling them up, and it’ll be just as delish. Mexi-YUM!
25. Cheesy Overnight Sausage Breakfast Casserole – A traditional make-ahead breakfast casserole to please everyone. Top with extra cheese or veggies of your choice.
Which of these amazing savory breakfast casserole recipes are you going to try first?
If you liked these breakfast casserole recipes, you might also like these posts:
Air Fryer Biscuits from Scratch (Easy & Delicious Recipe with Buttermilk)
Wondering What to Put on a Charcuterie Board? Here Are 25 Examples, Theme Ideas, & Step-by-Step Instructions