Who else likes raspberries? I love them–I think they might be my favorite fruit. Today, I’m sharing this tasty ricotta raspberry muffin recipe that happens to be vegan, so it’s perfect for everyone in the family, including those who might be eating dairy-free.
These are delicious for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee, and they make a great anytime snack. Let me know how you like them! (Full recipe at the bottom of the page.)
Vegan Ricotta Raspberry Muffins
- ¼ cup vegan ricotta. We used Kite Hill and were really happy with it! This specific brand is only available at Whole Foods.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- dash of pure vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- just under ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons warm almond milk (or dairy milk alternative that works for you) mixed with one tablespoon flax meal. Its important to heat the milk. The two will work together perfectly to replace one egg.
- Combine the dry ingredients together, and mix well.
- In a separate dish, mix together the melted or really soft coconut oil, brown sugar, almond milk, and flax meal mixture.
- Slowly combine the two until you have a smooth but thick mixture. Fold in the raspberries and ricotta until just combined.
- Bake in mini muffin tins at 350 degrees for about 10 to 12 minutes. They do not rise much at all so you can overfill the wells to create slightly fuller muffins.
- Let cool before enjoying. These had a perfectly sweet, tangy and tart taste, and didn’t last the entire afternoon in our house!
Don’t miss a freebie, deal, or giveaway! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.