Last updated on December 12th, 2020 at 10:19 pm
I love pound cake. It’s an old-fashioned, simple dessert, but you can enjoy it so many different ways. It’s great as a strawberry “shortcake,” but it’s equally delicious with any kind of berries, and topped with whipped cream of course. Or, you can glaze or frost it any way you’d like to create an entirely new flavor. (I love lemon.) And, you can add spices or extracts to the basic recipe to suit your taste. Sometimes, I just like it plain. It really is pretty terrific all on its own.
Here’s a pound cake recipe that’s gluten-free, paleo, and dairy-free, so everyone can enjoy this tasty dessert. Let me know how you plan to serve it–and enjoy!
Pound Cake Recipe (Gluten-Free, Paleo, and Dairy-Free)
- 2 Cups almond flour
- 1 Cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ Cup tapioca flour
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- 2 Eggs separated
- ⅓ Cup coconut milk full fat
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a baking pan, and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut sugar, tapioca flour, and baking powder. Add the egg yolks, coconut milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar, and beat for about four minutes or until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Incorporate the egg whites to the batter in three additions using a spatula.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan, and put in the oven.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until done.
It’s very important to beat the egg whites, and then add them to the batter. It's what gives the pound cake its airy texture.
You can slice the cake, and freeze it! It lasts frozen for around three months.
This is a great base recipe. You can add fruits or spices to customize it to fit your taste. Its delicious with chocolate chips, raspberries, or with a little lemon zest.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below!