Last updated on March 23rd, 2021 at 12:26 am
Here’s a recipe for colorful and delicious orange soda cupcakes. These will be a hit with your kids anytime you serve them, and they definitely say “spring” to me!Jump to Recipe
Orange Soda Cupcakes Made With Orange Crush
This from-scratch cupcake mix is made with orange soda. I think these cupcakes are perfect for a spring or summertime picnic or party.
The orange soda gives these cupcakes a pop of orange flavor! We add orange soda to the homemade frosting mix too, along with a little food coloring.
These cupcakes are so much fun! You also can experiment with grape soda and cherry or strawberry soda in place of the Orange Crush to make more colorful cupcakes!
They’d perfect for a birthday party. Check out some of our party ideas here.
And, if you’d like to use colorful cupcake liners, here are some orange liners that will be perfect!
Orange Soda Cupcakes
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. fine salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup orange Crush soda
Buttercream icing ingredients:
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 Tbsp. of Orange Crush soda
- 1 Tbsp. whipping cream
- Orange food coloring
Directions for cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and prepare your cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl, and set aside. Beat together butter and granulated sugar with a mixer on medium speed until combined. Add eggs and beat well, scraping the bowl when necessary. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture–beat until combined. Add the milk and the orange soda, and beat until blended.
- Use an ice cream scooper or a big spoon, and portion batter evenly into the cupcake tins.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When baked, set aside, and let cupcakes cool while you prepare the icing.
Directions for icing:
- In a mixer, using the whisk attachment, mix together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until blended, and then increase speed to medium. Beat for three more minutes.
- Add the Orange Crush soda and whipping cream, and continue to beat on medium speed for a few more minutes. Add in more powdered sugar if necessary. Split icing in two. Add a few drops of orange to one bowl of the icing.
- Use a piping bag and a star tip to pipe icing onto the cupcakes. These cupcakes were decorated with half white and half orange icing, but you can ice them however you choose. Enjoy!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below!