Last updated on February 6th, 2021 at 05:05 pm
Here’s a recipe that I absolutely love, and I hope you will too! Mediterranean food is the best–both delicious and incredibly healthy. The combination of flavors in this Mediterranean Buddha bowl really makes this dish a winner. I love pesto too, so that doesn’t hurt either.
If you want to make this bowl vegan, just eliminate the feta cheese, or use a non-dairy cheese substitute. We also have two pesto recipes you can try, with and without dairy, if you aren’t buying store-bought.
Vegetarian Mediterranean Buddha Bowl (+ Vegan Option)
- 1 Cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ¾ Cup chickpeas
- ¼ Cup pesto
- 3 Zucchinis
- 1 Cup black olives
- ½ Tbsp rosemary ground
- ½ Tbsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Cup feta cheese
- Spiralize the zucchini, and add it to a saucepan on medium-low heat.
- Cook it with the olive oil, rosemary, and oregano until tender.
- Fill half of a bowl with the zucchini noodles.
- Add the chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, and black olives.
- Top with pesto and feta cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.
Whip up an easy Mediterranean sauce using the black olives, feta cheese, and pesto.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below!