Last updated on April 3rd, 2023 at 02:36 am
Here’s a recipe that’s a nice upgrade to the same old meatloaf. We used grass-fed beef and other ingredients that make this recipe suitable for a Whole 30, gluten-free, paleo, and nut-free diet. You can, of course, make substitutions where you’d like.
These meatloaf sweet potato muffins make the ideal all-in-one meal and are perfectly portioned. Prepare them ahead of time for easy heat-and-eat meals, serve them on busy weeknights (since they bake up fast), or impress your guests by serving them at your next gathering.
You can use these Whole 30 compliant barbeque sauces too:
The New Primal Classic BBQ Cooking & Dipping Sauce, 12 Oz
Keto Barbecue BBQ Sauce by Yo Mama’s Foods – (Pack of 2)
Meatloaf Sweet Potato Muffins (Whole 30, Paleo, Gluten Free, Nut-Free)
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon himalayan pink salt divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper divided
- Avocado oil for greasing muffin tins
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- ½ teaspoon himalayan pink salt
- ¾ cup Whole 30 compliant barbeque sauce See links in the post.
- Optional garnish: fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Scrub and dry sweet potatoes. Cut them in half horizontally and place them skin-side up on a baking sheet. Place in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes bake, finely dice the onion.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, diced onion, eggs, cassava flour, basil, garlic and salt and pepper. Use clean hands to mix until just combined.
- Grease muffin tins generously with avocado oil.
- Divide the meat into muffins tins – filling to the top of each cup.
- Bake in middle rack of oven for 30-35 minutes or until the insides are no longer pink.
- Once sweet potatoes finish baking, allow them to cool on the counter for a few minutes. Once cooled, use a spoon to scoop out the insides and place in a medium sized bowl. Add ½ teaspoon of salt. Smash sweet potatoes with a fork until smooth.
- Spoon sweet potato topping onto meatloaf muffins or add sweet potato filling to a sandwich bag and snip off the corner to pipe filling onto muffins.
- Drizzle with Whole 30 compliant barbeque sauce and garnish with freshly chopped parsley if desired.
How to store and reheat leftover meatloaf sweet potato muffins
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for two to three days.
You can freeze these meatloaf muffins as well. I like to lay them flat in an airtight container or Ziploc freezer bag before placing in the freezer. When frozen, they should last for up to three months.
To reheat: Thaw first, if frozen. Then, just put them back into muffin tins, cover with foil, and reheat in a 350°F oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until they’re hot.You'll Love These Meatloaf Sweet Potato Muffins (Whole 30, Paleo, Gluten Free, Nut-Free) | #recipes #glutenfree #paleo Click To Tweet