Last updated on March 8th, 2020 at 07:01 pm
Here’s a recipe that’s a nice upgrade to the same old meatloaf. We used grass-fed beef and other ingredients that make this recipe suitable for a Whole 30, gluten-free, paleo, and nut-free diet. You can, of course, make substitutions where you’d like.
These meatloaf sweet potato muffins make the ideal all-in-one meal and are perfectly portioned. Prepare them ahead of time for easy heat-and-eat meals, serve them on busy weeknights (since they bake up fast), or impress your guests by serving them at your next gathering.
You can use these Whole 30 compliant barbeque sauces too:
The New Primal Classic BBQ Cooking & Dipping Sauce, 12 Oz
Tessemae’s All Natural Condiment 2-Pack (Organic Matty’s BBQ)
Meatloaf Sweet Potato Muffins (Whole 30, Paleo, Gluten Free, Nut-Free)
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon himalayan pink salt divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper divided
- Avocado oil for greasing muffin tins
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- ½ teaspoon himalayan pink salt
- ¾ cup Whole 30 compliant barbeque sauce See links in the post.
- Optional garnish: fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Scrub and dry sweet potatoes. Cut them in half horizontally and place them skin-side up on a baking sheet. Place in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes bake, finely dice the onion.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, diced onion, eggs, cassava flour, basil, garlic and salt and pepper. Use clean hands to mix until just combined.
- Grease muffin tins generously with avocado oil.
- Divide the meat into muffins tins – filling to the top of each cup.
- Bake in middle rack of oven for 30-35 minutes or until the insides are no longer pink.
- Once sweet potatoes finish baking, allow them to cool on the counter for a few minutes. Once cooled, use a spoon to scoop out the insides and place in a medium sized bowl. Add ½ teaspoon of salt. Smash sweet potatoes with a fork until smooth.
- Spoon sweet potato topping onto meatloaf muffins or add sweet potato filling to a sandwich bag and snip off the corner to pipe filling onto muffins.
- Drizzle with Whole 30 compliant barbeque sauce and garnish with freshly chopped parsley if desired.
The meatloaves (without the topping) can be frozen and reheated with great results.
Whole 30 sauces:
Don’t miss a freebie, deal, or giveaway! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.