Last updated on June 13th, 2020 at 10:56 pm
Have you heard about the benefits of an anti-inflammatory diet? If you want to reduce inflammation in your body, changing the way you eat may help. Inflammatory conditions that might benefit from eating this way include auto-immune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn’s disease.
According to WebMD, an anti-inflammatory diet might lessen the number of flare-ups that you have, or it may reduce your pain level. Anti-inflammatory foods are those that any mainstream nutrition expert would encourage you to eat, so even if it doesn’t help with your condition, it can help lower your chances of having other problems. The diet includes lots of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, plant-based proteins (like beans and nuts), fatty fish, and fresh herbs and spices.
Here’s a healthy popsicle recipe made with the anti-inflammatory ingredients turmeric, lemon, honey, and ginger. This is such a refreshing way to enjoy these good-for-you foods.
Lemon Turmeric Popsicles (Anti-Inflammatory)
Prep: 2 hours and 5 minutes
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup honey add more to taste if desired
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and process until smooth. Taste, and adjust the sweetness if desired.
- Pour the liquid into popsicle molds, and place in the freezer for at least two hours to freeze completely.
- When ready to eat, place the bottom half of the mold in warm water for a few seconds to allow the popsicles to easily lift out of the mold.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.