Last updated on September 19th, 2019 at 10:04 pm
Optional — 2 – 15-16 oz. Cans of Beans (These can be 2 cans of kidney beans or 1 can kidney and 1 pinto or black beans. Choose your favorites.)
- This is a great recipe if you have lots of home-canned garden tomatoes to use up.
- Add more of your favorite beans to bulk up this meal for a larger group or family.
- Any ground meat can be used – such as chicken or turkey for a lower calorie option.
- Use Boca brand non-meat crumbles for a vegetarian option. This is pre-cooked, and comes frozen, so adjust cooking time.
- This is a great topping for chili dogs, of course, but my family likes it on nachos too!
- We used coconut sugar in this recipe for a healthier option, but brown sugar could be used as well.
- Nutrition information is for the chili only and does not consider the bread bowls or garnish.
- Eliminate the coconut sugar and this is a Whole 30 recipe!
- Pipe sour cream on like football threads for a Super Bowl or sports-themed party.