Last updated on March 5th, 2023 at 04:54 pm
Skip the takeout! This chicken stir fry recipe makes a quick and easy family dinner. There’s nothing better for busy weeknights. Serve it over rice–or quinoa if you’d like.
Feel free to substitute beef for the chicken, and you can make substitutions for the veggies too. In fact, this stir fry recipe is a tasty way to use up any extra veggies you might have.
We especially like to add water chestnuts for the crunch, and baby corn is terrific too!
Who knew you could make this take-out favorite at home so easily?
We hope you love it as much as we do!
Easy Chicken Stir Fry
- 1/4 Cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in chunks
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Cup sliced carrots
- 1 Cup diced onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, and cornstarch together in a medium bowl.
- Spread mixture over chicken breasts and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Heat 3/4 of the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the carrots and onions and sauté until onions become translucent.
- Heat the remaining 3/4 of the sesame oil, and add in the chicken. Cook chicken until fully done.
- Pour in the vegetables and the remaining liquid from the marinade, and let sit for five minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s newsletter.