Last updated on February 8th, 2023 at 11:24 pm
Skip the stove, and make rice in your Ninja Foodi or instant pot instead! Instant pot / Ninja Foodi white rice is so easy to make. Just toss in the rice–no waiting for the water to boil, no hovering over the stove, and you get perfect rice every single time!
Do you have a Ninja Foodi? I love ours because it really does it all! It takes the place of so many other appliances since it can pressure cook, air fry, slow cook — even steam, bake, broil, dehydrate, sear, and sauté!
If you have a Foodi or an instant pot, you know they can definitely make life easier.
One of the things we’ve been making in our Foodi, using the pressure cooker feature, is rice. Making white rice on the stovetop seems simple enough, but it can come out sticky or overdone very easily.
This instant pot / Ninja Foodi white rice recipe takes away the guesswork, to give you delicious, fluffy rice every time.
Try these recipes too:
Instant Pot / Ninja Foodi Hard Boiled Eggs (So Quick & Easy)
Easy Instant Pot Mashed Red Potatoes
Barbeque Beef Short Ribs in the Ninja Foodi
Barbequed Chicken Wings (in the Ninja Foodi)
Instant Pot / Ninja Foodi White Rice Recipe
Here are the ingredients you need to make rice in the Ninja Foodi or instant pot.
First, add rice to the instant pot or Ninja Foodi insert.
Next, add the water.
You can add salt, if desired. (And, check out more recipe tips below.)
Cook according to the recipe directions.
When it’s done, fluff your rice with a fork, and enjoy!
- This easy recipe calls for water. To infuse your rice with more flavor, you can replace the water with vegetable or chicken broth.
- Salt is optional, but will add a little more flavor.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe. However, you do not need to adjust the cooking times. I know, it sounds crazy, but don’t increase the cooking time, or your rice will not turn out as well.
- I used a six-quart pot. However, none of the steps should change if your pot is smaller or bigger than mine.
- I do not suggest using Minute Rice for this recipe. I used long grain white rice, which cooks up beautifully.
Easy Instant Pot / Ninja Foodi White Rice Recipe
- 1 ¼ Cup Water
- 1 Cup White Rice
- Dash of salt optional
- Combine the ingredients in the insert of your Ninja Foodi or instant pot.
- Place the cover on, and set to high pressure/manual for three minutes.
- It will take about seven minutes to pressurize before the three minutes will start counting down.
- Let it naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork, and enjoy!
You can also add a dash of salt for a little more flavor.
You can easily double or triple this recipe. However, you do not need to adjust the cooking times. I know, it sounds crazy, but don’t increase the cooking time, or your rice will not turn out well.
I used a six-quart pot. However, none of the steps should change if your pot is smaller or bigger than mine.
I do not suggest using Minute Rice for this recipe. I used long grain white rice, which cooks up beautifully.