Last updated on January 5th, 2022 at 08:17 pm
Looking for a fun DIY Halloween yard decoration idea? Here’s one that’s inexpensive too–all you need are some plates from the dollar store!
We transformed this big bush in front of the house into a spooky Halloween creature. You can do the same with your shrubs or even trees. All you need are four melamine plates from the dollar store–don’t use glass. Our total cost? About $4 for these 3D eyes!
DIY Halloween Yard Decoration Idea — “Spooky Halloween Eyes”
How-to and materials:
- Buy two dinner-size white melamine plates from the dollar store.
- Buy two small black plates or saucers from the dollar store. (If you can’t find black plates, use black spray paint, or other paint.)
- Use an epoxy that will hold plastics together to glue the black plate onto the white plate, like you see in the photo. If you don’t have this kind of epoxy/glue, here is an epoxy that will work.
- We used big binder clips (two on each “eye”) to attach the plates/eyes to the bush.
- Now, stand back, and enjoy your creation!
Do you have a DIY Halloween yard decoration idea to share? Leave a comment below.