Last updated on November 5th, 2023 at 11:48 am
Here are some super cute little jack-o-lanterns that I love for a few reasons. First they are adorable, next, your kids can help you make them, and finally, they’re a healthy Halloween treat!
You can handle carving the little jack-o-lantern faces if necessary, but your children can fill up the oranges with their favorite berries.
Here’s your step-by-step guide to making your own little jack-o-lanterns!
Orange Fruit-Filled Jack-O-Lanterns
Note: This recipe makes three jack-o-lanterns, but adjust the recipe to make more if you’d like.
First, remove the top of your orange “jack-o-lantern.”
Remove the inside of the orange with a small spoon.
Once the orange is empty, use a small knife to cut out your jack-o-lantern face! Be creative.
Slice the very top of three strawberries –the green “leaves.” Use this as a garnish on top of your orange jack-o-lantern! You can secure it with a toothpick or a dab of honey.
Evenly distribute the blackberries, blueberries, and cut strawberries into each jack-o-lantern. Your family, friends, and especially children will love these friendly Halloween jack-o-lantern treats!
Orange Fruit-Filled Jack-o-Lanterns
- 3 oranges I used grapefruit oranges
- ½ cup blackberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup strawberries sliced
- Rinse all fruit, and dry.
- Using a straight-edged knife on your grapefruit orange, turn knife inward at an angle while making a complete circle. This will release the top of your grapefruit orange. Remove, and set the top aside.
- Remove the inside of the orange by using a small spoon. Place the orange juice and pulp into a small bowl. You can drink the orange juice, or save it for another use.
- Once the orange is empty, use a small knife to cut out your jack-o-lantern face! Be creative. You can carve square eyes, triangle eyes, a smile, or big teeth! Have fun!
- Slice the very top of three strawberries –the green “leaves.” Use this as a garnish on top of your orange jack-o-lantern. You can secure it with a toothpick, or a dab of honey.
- Slice the strawberries into quarters and then in half again.
- Evenly distribute the blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries into each jack-o-lantern. Use a toothpick or tiny spoon to serve. Your family, friends, and especially children will love these friendly Halloween jack-o-lantern treats!