Last updated on September 19th, 2020 at 11:23 pm
Here are some super cute little jack-o-lanterns that I love for a few reasons. First they are adorable, next, your kids can help you make them, and finally, they’re a healthy Halloween treat! You can handle carving the little jack-o-lantern faces if necessary, but your children can fill up the oranges with their favorite berries.
Wouldn’t a bunch of these little jack-o-lanterns be perfect for a Halloween or class party?
Here’s your step-by-step guide to making your own Orange Fruit-Filled Jack-O-Lanterns!
Orange Fruit-Filled Jack-O-Lanterns
Servings: This makes three jack-o-lanterns, but adjust the recipe to make more if you’d like.
- 3 oranges (in this case I used grapefruit oranges)
- ½ cup blackberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup strawberries (sliced)
1. Rinse all fruit, and dry.
2. Using a straight-edged knife on your grapefruit orange, turn knife inward at an angle while making a complete circle. This will release the top of your grapefruit orange. Remove and set the top aside.
3. Remove the inside of the orange by using a small spoon. Place the orange juice and pulp into a small bowl. You can drink the orange juice or save it for another use.
4. Once the orange is empty, use a small knife to cut out your jack-o-lantern face! Be creative. You can carve square eyes, triangle eyes, a smile, or big teeth! Have fun!
5. Slice the very top of three strawberries –the green “leaves.” Use this as a garnish on top of your orange jack-o-lantern! You can secure it with a toothpick, or a dab of honey.
6. Slice the strawberries into quarters and then in half again.
7. Evenly distribute the blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries into each jack-o-lantern. Use a toothpick or tiny spoon to serve. Your family, friends, and especially children will love these friendly Halloween jack-o-lantern treats!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.