Last updated on December 14th, 2022 at 05:05 pm
I love this simple ornament craft. It’s a fun way to use leftover Christmas wrapping paper. Kids will be able to help with this project too. These wrapping paper ornaments are so cute, not only on the tree, but attached to your holiday packages. Let me know if you try this fun activity!
Materials Needed to Make These Christmas Wrapping Paper Ornaments
Articles may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases (at no cost to you).
- 5-inch piece of dowel rod. I used a 1/4-inch diameter dowel rod. You could also use popsicle sticks.
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 10 pieces of 7.5-inch x 3.75-inch Christmas scrapbook paper or wrapping paper
- stickers, buttons, or other decorations
- a small piece of ribbon to use as an ornament hook
1. To begin rolling your Christmas paper, I found that it rolls more tightly if you first crease a small amount of the end, as shown in the photo.
2. Use a pencil to tightly roll each piece of paper.
3. Use a small amount of tape to secure the rolled paper.
4. Arrange all of the rolled pieces into your preferred order. Make sure that the seam side with the tape is facing up. Apply a generous line of hot glue along the center.
5. Attach the dowel rod and press in place for about a minute while the glue dries. Add more hot glue along both sides of the dowel rod. This will secure it in place. Be generous with the glue.
6. Your last step is to use a pair of sturdy scissors to cut the diagonal lines to form a tree. Lightly mark off the shape of a tree with a pencil, angle your scissors, and cut. It may feel like your paper might come loose from the dowel rod, but don’t worry, it won’t.
Use your leftover Christmas wrapping paper to make as many of these cute Christmas tree ornaments as you’d like. You can mix and match papers to make all kinds of festive combinations!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.