Last updated on November 23rd, 2020 at 08:17 pm
Here’s an easy recipe for Christmas crinkle cookies you’ll want to make this holiday season. It starts with a boxed cake mix, so it doesn’t get much simpler. Why not have the kids help you with this one? Older kids can even make these cookies on their own!
These festive-looking red and green treats will be the perfect addition to your holiday cookie tray.
And, save this recipe to make throughout the year. You can use pastels to make Easter cookies, for example. Pink, purple, light blue and green cookies would be fun to make this spring! In the meantime, here’s the recipe for Christmas crinkle cookies.
Christmas Crinkle Cookies
- White cake mix any brand
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Red and green food coloring
- Mix the cake mix, eggs, and oil together in a bowl. Once well incorporated, split the dough into two separate bowls.
- Then, color each bowl with food coloring, one with green, and the other with red. Use as many drops of the coloring to create the desired color. I suggest doing a couple drops at a time.
- Once the dough is colored, refrigerate for 30 minutes. This will help make the cookie dough easier to work with.
- When dough has chilled, take it out, and roll into small balls.
- Roll the balls in the powdered sugar. I put the sugar into a small bowl. Coat the balls generously with the sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet, and bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. You will want the cookies to be a little firm, but still soft. Baking time does vary, so watch them closely.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below!