Last updated on June 23rd, 2023 at 10:54 pm
Can’t decide between a cold beer and a cocktail? This captain’s lime shandy is both, and it’s so refreshing on a warm day.
You might want to serve it on pizza night or at your next summer get-together. It’ll definitely be a crowd pleaser!
Why you’ll love this Captain’s Lime Shandy
There’s almost nothing better on a hot summer day than this delicous lime shandy. There are so many reasons it just might become your favorite summer drink.
- It’s easy to make. I’m definitely not a great bartender–not even close–but if you can follow the easy recipe, this drink will turn out beautifully every time.
- It’s perfect for those warm summer days (or nights) when you want something refreshing and thirst-quenching.
- It’s super tasty!
- Having a barbeque, pool party, or potluck? Everyone will love this cocktail, and that includes those who aren’t drinking alcohol. That’s because this lime shandy recipe can easily become a mocktail, so everyone can enjoy it.
Captain's Lime Shandy
- 3 oz. dark rum
- ⅛ Cup key lime juice
- 3 Cups cold beer
- 3 Cups lime soda
- bitters to taste
- Key lime slices
- Rosemary sprigs
- In a shaker, add the rum and key lime juice. Shake well, and serve into two glasses.
- Add one Tbsp. of soda, and complete with beer.
- Add bitters to taste, and stir.
- Garnish with key lime slices and a rosemary sprig.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s newsletter.