Last updated on October 6th, 2022 at 01:57 am
Eat cake for breakfast? Yes you can! Here’s a recipe for cake batter waffles from scratch, so you have the perfect excuse to eat cake anytime.
We served these with sprinkles (which kids love), but try powdered sugar or whipped cream if you really have a sweet tooth. Of course, butter and maple syrup are delicious, but you’ll also love topping your cake batter waffles with strawberries, bananas, or any of your favorite fruits. Enjoy!
Cake Batter Waffles
- 2 Tbsps vegetable oil
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 Cups milk
- ½ Cup sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsps butter
- 2 Tsps baking powder
- Dash of salt
- ¼ Cup colorful sprinkles for topping
- Preheat your waffle maker to medium heat, and brush it with the vegetable oil.
- Melt butter in the microwave.
- Use an electric mixer to mix the flour, milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, melted butter, baking powder, and salt.
- Spoon the batter into the waffle maker, close the lid, and bake for eight minutes or until golden.
- Serve with colorful sprinkles and enjoy.
Breakfast DIY Charcuterie Board — A Perfect Weekend Brunch
Keto Egg Casserole With Bacon and Broccoli — A Hearty & Delicious Low-Carb Meal