Last updated on February 13th, 2020 at 10:00 pm
Everyone likes apple pie, and my personal favorite is apple crumble (or Dutch apple) pie. I love the crumbly, buttery, streusel topping. This pie is simple to make, especially if you pick up a pre-made pie crust. You’ll want to serve this delicious dessert warm out of the oven with ice cream or whipped topping. It makes a great Thanksgiving or holiday dessert too.
Apple Crumble Pie
- 1 pie crust you can pick up a pre-made crust or make your own from a recipe like this one
- 4 apples sliced
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- ½ Cup flour
- 3 Tsps cinnamon
- 2 Tsps allspice
- ¼ Cup butter
- ¾ Cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix the "crumble" ingredients," the flour, half the cinnamon and allspice, ¼ Cup of sugar, and the butter. Work the mixture together until the ingredients resemble coarse sand. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add the remaining sugar and spices, and coat the apple slices with it.
- Pour the heavy cream in the bottom of the pie crust. Top with the coated apples and the crumble mixture.
Bake for 35 minutes or until the apples are done, and the top is a golden brown.
Top with ice cream or whipped topping!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.