Air fryer veggie tots are tender on the inside, crispy on the outisde, and so tasty. They make a terrific side, appetizer, or snack.
Jump to Recipe
Who doesn’t love tater tots? I usually keep a bag of frozen tater tots in my freezer, but today I have a healthy veggie tots recipe that’s just as delicious, and so much better for you.
These tots are vegan, gluten-free, keto-friendly, and sugar free. They’re easy to make and come out perfectly in the air fryer. What a tasty way to eat your veggies!
Air Fryer Veggie Tots (VEGAN / KETO / SUGAR-FREE / GLUTEN FREE)
Here’s everything you need to make healthy, homemade veggie tots in the air fryer.
Start by shredding your veggies and combining them with the other ingredients, except for the almond flour.
Stir the ingredients together, and finally, mix in the almond flour.
Shape the mixture into balls, and then slightly flatten them.
Air fry veggie tots in your preheated air fryer until they’re golden brown.
You’ll love these air fryer veggie tots on their own, with your favorite dip, or even as a meal with a salad.
Note: Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. To reheat, warm them in the air fryer until they’re hot all the way through.
Air Fryer Veggie Tots
- 2 carrots shredded
- 2 small zucchinis shredded
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 flaxseed "eggs" 2 tbsp of flaxseed meal + 6 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Prepare the flaxseed "egg" by mixing the flaxseed meal with water. Let it sit for five minutes.
- Place the shredded carrots and zucchini into a big bowl. Add flaxseed "egg," garlic powder, sesame seeds, smoked paprika, and salt. Stir well to combine. Take your time until this results in a smooth dough.
- Add almond flour, and stir to incorporate.
- Make 20 tots with your hands. They should be about the size of a ping pong ball, slightly flattened.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
- Place the tots in the air fryer, being careful to not overlap them. Bake them for eight to ten minutes on one side. Then turn them over, and bake five more minutes.
- Let them slightly cool before serving. Serve them as a snack with your favorite dip or as a main dish with a salad.
- Keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Also read —
Air Fryer Buttermilk Biscuits from Scratch (Easy Recipe)
Air Fryer Hush Puppies Recipe (with Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Options)
Barbeque Beef Short Ribs in the Ninja Foodi (with Mashed Potato Cakes and Veggies)
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below!