Last updated on December 14th, 2017 at 12:13 am
Here’s a fun recipe for sherbet ice cream you can make with your kids. This recipe has just four ingredients, and you can make your sherbet any flavor (and color) you choose.
I’m thinking this sherbet would be great for themed birthday parties, since you can match your ice cream to your character or party “colors.”
There are so many possibilities. You could make red, white, and blue ice cream for your Independence Day get-together, for example. Let me know which flavors you make.
• Junket Ice Cream Mix (I found it in the Jell-O section of my store, or you can find it here.)
• 1 ¼ cups milk (whole milk works best)
• ¾ cups heavy whipping cream
• Jell-O flavors of your choice (I used Berry Blue, Orange, Raspberry, and Lime)
- In a mixing bowl, stir the Junket Ice Cream Mix with 1 1/4 cups of whole milk and 3/4 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- Mix until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into a bread loaf pan or small 9×5 pan, and freeze until it is firm.
- Using a butter knife carefully separate the cream into chunks, then put the chunks into a mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer beat the chunks until smooth.
- Evenly separate the vanilla ice cream into the four bowls using a spatula.
- Put ½ – 1 tablespoon of the different Jell-O powder flavors in each bowl, and gently mix with a spoon until fully combined. Try to do this as fast as possible to prevent melting.
- Put the four different ice cream flavors in a container that can be sealed.
- Using the back of a spoon or your spatula carefully connect the four different piles of ice cream so they freeze as one piece.
- Freeze for another one to two hours until the ice cream is fully set.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.
Disclosure: MomsWhoSave posts may contain affiliate links or sponsored content that helps to support this site. See full disclosure policy here.