Last updated on March 23rd, 2023 at 02:18 pm
Washi tape is a lot of fun to craft with, and here’s a perfect washi tape idea for kids. It’s super easy and just perfect for back-to-school! All you need is some colorful washi tape, and your kids can decorate their plain mechanical pencils to make them a lot more fun–you could make washi pens too!
You can make these pencils to coordinate with the holidays too–black and orange tape for Halloween; red and green (with silver and gold) for Christmas; pink, red, and white for Valentine’s Day; green, gold, and white for St. Patrick’s Day; and so on. Get creative, and have fun!
DIY Washi Tape Idea: How to Make These Fun Pencils —
Supplies for our pencil washi tape craft:
- 1 package of mechanical pencils
- washi craft tape, multiple colors/designs *Check out the great selection on Amazon here.
- your creative washi tape ideas!
- Take a roll of washi tape and slowly wrap one of the pencils. I left a little bit of the solid color at the top of the pencil showing.
- Make sure you overlap the tape as you work down the pencil, and cut off the excess.
- Repeat these steps making as many pencils as you’d like.
- This is a fun back-to-school craft!