Last updated on August 15th, 2020 at 07:45 pm
Washi tape is a lot of fun to craft with, and here’s a perfect washi tape idea for kids. It’s super easy and just perfect for back-to-school! All you need is some colorful washi tape, and your kids can decorate their plain mechanical pencils to make them a lot more fun–you could make washi pens too!
You can make these pencils to coordinate with the holidays too–black and orange tape for Halloween; red and green (with silver and gold) for Christmas; pink, red, and white for Valentine’s Day; green, gold, and white for St. Patrick’s Day; and so on. Get creative, and have fun!
- 1 package of mechanical pencils
- washi craft tape, multiple colors/designs *Check out the great selection on Amazon here. There are several pages!
- Take a roll of washi tape and slowly wrap one of the pencils. I left a little bit of the solid color at the top of the pencil showing.
- Make sure you overlap the tape as you work down the pencil, and cut off the excess.
- Repeat these steps making as many pencils as you’d like.
- This is a fun back-to-school craft!
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below! Then be sure to confirm your subscription when you get the confirmation email.
Disclosure: MomsWhoSave posts may contain affiliate links that help to support this site. See full disclosure policy here.