Disclosure: Articles may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases (at no additional cost to you). See our full disclosure here.
Last updated on March 23rd, 2023 at 02:18 pm
Washi tape is a lot of fun to craft with, and here’s a perfect washi tape idea for kids. It’s super easy and just perfect for back-to-school! All you need is some colorful washi tape, and your kids can decorate their plain mechanical pencils to make them a lot more fun–you could make washi pens too!
You can make these pencils to coordinate with the holidays too–black and orange tape for Halloween; red and green (with silver and gold) for Christmas; pink, red, and white for Valentine’s Day; green, gold, and white for St. Patrick’s Day; and so on. Get creative, and have fun!
DIY Washi Tape Idea: How to Make These Fun Pencils —
Supplies for our pencil washi tape craft:
- 1 package of mechanical pencils
- washi craft tape, multiple colors/designs *Check out the great selection on Amazon here.
- your creative washi tape ideas!
- Take a roll of washi tape and slowly wrap one of the pencils. I left a little bit of the solid color at the top of the pencil showing.
- Make sure you overlap the tape as you work down the pencil, and cut off the excess.
- Repeat these steps making as many pencils as you’d like.
- This is a fun back-to-school craft!
Gorgeous DIY Agate Slice Coasters With Gilded-Edges
Custom Sharpie Mug Project
Flower Bookmarks — An Easy Aluminum Wire Craft
Leave a Reply