Last updated on March 7th, 2023 at 04:33 pm
Many people could use some help right now, and by lending a hand and spreading positivity, you can help neighbors and the community around you feel more connected.
It’s always the right time to find kind things to do for your neighbors, and these gestures can help lift the spirits of those who may be struggling.
Turn your community into a more welcoming place by just saying a friendly hello, helping the elderly out with their yardwork or home repairs, or welcoming the newest resident with a gift.
To go the extra mile, here’s are some ideas to welcome new residents or promote a sense of community with these simple kind acts.
Kind Things to Do for Your Neighbors
1. Bake Cookies & Add These Cute Cookie Tags
Everyone loves cookies! If you have a favorite recipe, consider making a big batch to share, whether you want to say thank you or just because. Not only will your house smell great, but it will surely bring a smile to your neighbor’s face. Here is an easy recipe for lemon cookies — a perfect refreshing treat for summer!
You will need:
- 1 box of lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar for dusting
Mix all the ingredients together, and form mixture the into small balls. Then, sprinkle the balls with powdered sugar, and bake at 350℉ for six to nine minutes. Once they’re done baking, place the cookies into a bag, and tie it off with one of these printable food tags.
(Click the image below to print.)
2. Send a Positive Message
Leave a kind positivity note for a neighbor. This can be a simple and sweet letter or a note of encouragement! Surprise them with a positivity card on their door or on their car windshield.
(Click the image below to print your positivity cards.)
3. Craft a Candle & Add These Candle Gift Tags
Get crafty, and create a unique DIY candle that you can gift your neighbor. Here’s a quick and easy how-to:
- Melt soy candle wax in a double boiler for 10–15 minutes.
- Add your favorite essential oil scent to the wax once melted.
- Glue a wick to the bottom of your candle container and let it dry.
- Remove wax from the stove, and let it cool slightly before pouring it into your heat-safe container.
- Pour in your wax, and let sit for about four hours until the surface is firm.
- Cut down your wick so it’s half an inch from the surface of the candle.
Once your candle is finished, place it in a bag and tie it off with these one of these cheery gift tags! This will be sure to brighten your neighbor’s day.
(Click the image below to print your gift tags.)
4. Make Dog Treats & Add These Dog Treat Tags
If your neighbor loves animals, surprise their pet with some delicious treats! You can either get some at the store or try a homemade recipe to make it extra special.
For homemade dog treats, you will need:
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- Blend these ingredients into a dough, roll out and cut out shapes using cookie cutters, and bake at 350℉ for 20–25 minutes! Tie off your treat bag with a tag, and surprise them.
(Click the image below to print your dog treat gift tags.)
5. Hand Out Fresh Flowers & Add Your Own Plant Tag
Make your neighbors’ day brighter with a new plant, like a cute succulent or fresh-picked flowers. Decorate your gift with a fun plant gift tag — you can also give out packets of flower seeds for them to plant themselves.
(Click the image below to print your tags.)
These simple acts of kindness can go a long way toward building a closer-knit community. I hope you’ll give one (or more) of them a try!
Do you have any more ideas for kind things to do for your neighbors? Leave us a comment below.5 Kind Things to Do for Your Neighbors + Free Printable Gift Tags | #free #printables #kindness Click To Tweet
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s newsletter.