Last updated on March 27th, 2020 at 08:42 pm
With the kids home from school and social distancing in effect, everyone’s going a little stir crazy. We’ve already put together a long list of educational resources for you, and today we have another idea. Here’s how you can host a virtual playdate. We even have a printable checklist of playdate activities.
How to Have a Virtual Playdate
- Arrange a day and time with your children’s friends.
- Both sets of parents should have the activites planned, and make sure to have any needed supplies on hand.
- Set up your phone, tablet, or computer somewhere your kids will have room to play and interact with their friend(s).
- When it’s time for the playdate, prepare the supplies. Make sure you have the app you’ll be using installed and ready to go.
- Use your favorite video calling service to start your virtual playdate.
- Take screenshots to remember the the fun!
Virtual Playdate Ideas, the Best Free Apps, & a Printable Checklist | #virtualplaydate #parenting #parentingtips #parents #coronavirus #stayathome #socialdistancing #covid19 Click To Tweet
Video calling apps we recommend–
- Caribu — They’re offering their service free right now. With Caribu, kids can share stories, play games and even color together during a video call.
- Messenger Kids
- Marco Polo — This is a free app with a premium paid version.
And, if you need playdates ideas, here’s a list of activities and projects you can print. Let your children choose their favorites. If you have more ideas, feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of this post.
Doing crafts together? Find kids’ craft ideas here.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below!