Disclosure: Articles may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases (at no additional cost to you). See our full disclosure here.
Last updated on April 24th, 2022 at 12:56 am
With the kids home from school and social distancing in effect, everyone’s going a little stir crazy. We’ve already put together a long list of educational resources for you, and today we have another idea. Here’s how you can host a virtual playdate. We even have a printable checklist of playdate activities.
How to Have a Virtual Playdate
- Arrange a day and time with your children’s friends.
- Both sets of parents should have the activites planned, and make sure to have any needed supplies on hand.
- Set up your phone, tablet, or computer somewhere your kids will have room to play and interact with their friend(s).
- When it’s time for the playdate, prepare the supplies. Make sure you have the app you’ll be using installed and ready to go.
- Use your favorite video calling service to start your virtual playdate.
- Take screenshots to remember the the fun!
Virtual Playdate Ideas, the Best Free Apps, & a Printable Checklist | #virtualplaydate #parenting #parentingtips #parents #coronavirus #stayathome #socialdistancing #covid19 Click To Tweet
Video calling apps we recommend–
- Messenger Kids
- Marco Polo — This is a free app with a premium paid version.
And, if you need playdates ideas, here’s a list of activities and projects you can print. Let your children choose their favorites. If you have more ideas, feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of this post.
Click to print the PDF page. (It will print full-size.)
Doing crafts together? Find kids’ craft ideas here.
You’ll also like these posts —
Fun and Free Educational Websites for Kids
Dr. Seuss’ Horton Hears a Who! Inspired Paper Craft
Frozen-Inspired Elsa Princess Wands — Paper Craft for Kids
You can also find MomsWhoSave on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter. Join us for updates.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to MomsWhoSave’s blog posts below!
Leave a Reply